5+ Promise. Recent Purchases. Written Warranty.

acer

acer

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 150
I've just bought a new Ocean, but was concerned to not receive anything in writing about what is covered in the 5 year warranty that comes with the deal. In a separate conversation, a call handler at VW Assist indicated that the warranty was a legal contract between me (us) and VW and therefore the dealer should be able to provide me full written details. He went as far as to provide me the Head Office telephone number to complain about the dealer due to their arguing that VW don't provide anything.

Did anyone else receive documentation relating to this? It is strange that there seems to be lots of paperwork on everything else at point of sale, but absolutely nothing on the warranty.

Well, that link is the warranty. Essentially (or I believe) you get the manufacturer 3 year warranty and then you pay (or get free) the extended warranty which is in reality a 2 year warranty deal with VWFS. The only beauty of it vs an external extended warranty is it is all dealt with under the VW umbrella if you have issues.

Well, that link is the warranty. Essentially (or I believe) you get the manufacturer 3 year warranty and then you pay (or get free) the extended warranty which is in reality a 2 year warranty deal with VWFS. The only beauty of it vs an external extended warranty is it is all dealt with under the VW umbrella if you have issues.
I gave that link less than a 2 second look and assumed it was VW Assist:Iamsorry. Again!.

This is exactly the sort of thing that I would was expecting to be provided. However, the deal at the moment is 5 years VW Assist, 5 years Servicing, 5 years Warranty. So, it’s a bit different to the 3 years plus 2 purchased that you suggest. I wouldn’t have thought that the wording would be very different to that which have kindly provided in your link, but I don’t know for sure.

I can’t work out why they’re trying to make me feel unreasonable for what I would have thought was a very straightforward, routine request.

I gave that link less than a 2 second look and assumed it was VW Assist:Iamsorry. Again!.

This is exactly the sort of thing that I would was expecting to be provided. However, the deal at the moment is 5 years VW Assist, 5 years Servicing, 5 years Warranty. So, it’s a bit different to the 3 years plus 2 purchased that you suggest. I wouldn’t have thought that the wording would be very different to that which have kindly provided in your link, but I don’t know for sure.

I can’t work out why they’re trying to make me feel unreasonable for what I would have thought was a very straightforward, routine request.
Same deal AFAIK. Anything outside of the manufacturer warranty is just a service or warranty plan with VWFS, which is technically a different company, just owned at the end of the day by VW. We used to have the same with Nissan finance. The assist and warranty is actually 3+2.

Does this cover the 5 year + promise thingy? Like acer, I bought new and not had any paperwork re: 5 year promise which feels a bit weird for an auld fella like me
I don't think they send out the paperwork anymore as everything is stored online. However, when I purchased the additional 2 year VW factory warranty I did get my dealer to email me the details just incase I needed them in the future.

I didn’t get any paperwork either. But I asked at the service desk for the person to tell me when my warranty expired and was able to verify this way that the 5 year deal had been correctly entered in their system.

And yes, it’s 3 years manufacturer’s warranty that everyone gets for free. And you pay for an extra 2 years (or in your case, you got the 2 years extra for free as part of a deal). The “5 years warranty deal” is just marketing. It sounds better to say that they’re giving you 5 years for free than to say they’re giving you 2 (and that everyone get the first 3 years for free anyway).

Back