Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Help with VW Factory extended warranty in Belgium

Corradobrit

Corradobrit

Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 204 4 motion
I want to extend the factory warranty on my new VW Cali Coast. The Cali was built for the Belgian market and I cannot purchase this cover here in Germany. Does anyone have a contact they can provide in Belgium who could offer the a 2-3 year bumper-to-bumper warranty extension?

I want to extend the factory warranty on my new VW Cali Coast. The Cali was built for the Belgian market and I cannot purchase this cover here in Germany. Does anyone have a contact they can provide in Belgium who could offer the a 2-3 year bumper-to-bumper warranty extension?
I presume you are picking up in Belgium? Cannot the Belgium Dealership provide this?

No its being collected in Amsterdam and this company cannot offer the extended VW Factory Warranty.

No its being collected in Amsterdam and this company cannot offer the extended VW Factory Warranty.
I see. I fear you may have problems. In the UK we have VWUK who covers the UK market. Who covers the Belgium market. Might be worthwhile asking them?

Well, in Belgium VAG is distributed by D'Ieteren Automotive, but I'm almost 100% sure the will only cover for Belgium registered vehicles, if they offer a extended VW warranty at all ?!

I live in Belgium, and bought my California in Belgium and never heard of any sort of extented warranty. If there is such a thing I would love to know about it.

As far as I know they don't exist here, although the vehicle itself is a bit cheaper than in the UK.

I got 5 year extended warranty when I bought the Cali in Dec ‘22…”autosalon” conditions.

495B554B-421A-40EA-A856-2BFEFC02F238.jpeg

ooooh, how would i go about finding that?

I have 5 year extended warranty on my july22 ocean in Belgium. I added it to order on day of delivery at the dealer.

I have 5 year extended warranty on my july22 ocean in Belgium. I added it to order on day of delivery at the dealer.
There is a 1 month grace period to buy the extended warranty. I'm waiting to hear if the warranty is valid EU wide or just in Belgium.

There is a 1 month grace period to buy the extended warranty. I'm waiting to hear if the warranty is valid EU wide or just in Belgium.
FYI, I 've bought mine in Germany from an official VW Dealer. Shortly before delivery i decided i wanted the extended 5y warranty. They insisted on repricing the whole vehicle with the then current prices (3 months after ordering), applying the same discount in order to "insert" the warranty in the order.
Even though it is blatantly obvious to be a scam to extract more money , I had no option other than to pay up. So the extended warranty, at the time around 1600€, ended up costing me about a grand more... They had me by the balls.

FYI, I 've bought mine in Germany from an official VW Dealer. Shortly before delivery i decided i wanted the extended 5y warranty. They insisted on repricing the whole vehicle with the then current prices (3 months after ordering), applying the same discount in order to "insert" the warranty in the order.
Even though it is blatantly obvious to be a scam to extract more money , I had no option other than to pay up. So the extended warranty, at the time around 1600€, ended up costing me about a grand more... They had me by the balls.
That will have left a bitter taste. I have confirmed the warranty is valid in all Schengen countries. I#m just a little surprised how difficult it is to purchase an extended warranty. Normally for consumer goods, these policies are huge money makers. I guess in the case of VW, the chances are good it will be used for something major in the first 5 years.

Back