Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

50mpg

You must have filled up at Pont Abraham services....

Here
0dc7de020531082c5ae9b6b8d66197d2.jpg

I’ve just had my second reading where brim to brim was lower than the MFD. BUT... I filled using the BP payment app and the pump cut out at £100, so I didn’t actually brim the tank!

Cost more than £100 to fill the tank?
Have you checked for a hole in the tank...?

Had a run through the North York Moors of around 90 minutes and nursed the gearbox of our California (150hp manual) in variable traffic but mostly in the 40- 60mph zone, certainly not hanging about - and managed to return of over 50mpg on the computer - Ok I know that the computers are not perfect at fuel consumption but they do give a guideline. Didn't hold up any traffic either...

So

lets have some mpg stories!
Managed 54mpg once, 50+ a few times.
The long term is 37.4 over 2000miles but that's mostly highland A roads and a fair amount of hilly single track . Bikes, rack and wind make a huge difference, this weekends trip, 60% hilly single track with bikes and 36 was a struggle. 150DSG

Without these claims stating whether they are 'real' (ie brim to brim) or from the MFD, then they are of little value, as the latter is probably 10% optimistic.

Certainly the most accurate way of measuring fuel consumption is 'brim to brim'. Trip computers are generally about 10% generous. They are not subject to the same homologation regulations on accuracy as say speedos. I improved the fuel consumption on my T5 Cali (DSG) by about 5 mpg when I fitted a tuning chip. I reckon it paid for itself within about 4 months (this was when the fuel was a bit more expensive).
How is the tuning chip? Been thinking of getting mine re-mapped but have the usual concerns about over-stressing the DSG gearbox etc. Who supplied yours and would you get it done again? I'm thinking of Bluefin or Quantum. Thanks. With regards to fuel consumption I'm averaging about 31 but my van only has 6k on the clock so I'm hoping it will improve a bit, especially as I really don't push it at all.

Without these claims stating whether they are 'real' (ie brim to brim) or from the MFD, then they are of little value, as the latter is probably 10% optimistic.
MFD sounds as mentioned earlier difficult with heater use to do brim to brim.
Bike rack, bikes, load, tyre type and pressures make a huge difference it seems.
the old Caddy maxi camper (1.6tdi NO blue motion) returned 50mpg, brim to brim driven much harder,

Back