Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

5th Seat in an Ocean

T

TomC

Guest User
upload_2016-2-8_20-11-49.png
upload_2016-2-8_20-16-50.png
My pride and joy has just turned up at the dealers and will be making a trip to collect as soon as time permits. I have a question for any SE or Ocean owners. As you can see from the photo sent to me today the 5th seat looks a very tight fit, dare I say unusable. This could be the positioning of drivers seat or perhaps the rear bench is slightly forward. Whats the experiences of those that have the 5th seat? Do you use it or does it decorate a garage/shed/spare bedroom? Is it usable? Also can you use the table with the chair in the van or is this a no go?

Any experiences/views welcome. Whatever the answer it will not spoil my enjoyment of the van which I cant wait to get my hands on.

looking at the picture the rear bench seat isnt fully back in its normal position !
dave and lisa

It is better if you take the rear parcel shelf out and push rear seat back to the max. This can also be extended if you resite the bumpstops sat in the rails towards the rear of the Cali. Turn the 5th seat so it faces the front so peoples legs don't clash together. It can be sited next to the kitchen as well. Used ours once and is for sale. Depends how often you need 5 belted seats, but not practical if you are camping. Nice Cali :thumb

Van looks nice Tom. I like the white + silver awning.
A good look indeed. All the best when you pick it up.

Many thanks to all looking forward to it. Still to put the dealer fit side rails and bike rack on then good to go. I have never looked forward to collecting a car/van this much. Almost matches my excitement as a kid getting a Raleigh Chopper for Christmas. Almost.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back