Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

6.1 Awning - Does this look right to you?

Whitehouse_03

Whitehouse_03

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 180
We picked up our 6.1 Ocean last weekend and there is something bugging me about the awning. The fixing / the way it sits at the rear of the van just doesn’t look right to me. I thought that these normally run in a straight line but this doesn’t, it seems to go up at the rear. What are your thoughts please? Should I head back to VW?! TIA.

Happy holidays everyone.

17CA5C69-9C2E-438B-88CA-4608FF3B8DF2.jpeg

8C58E698-2C8B-4A14-8B7B-231AB4DE8D0C.jpeg

We picked up our 6.1 Ocean last weekend and there is something bugging me about the awning. The fixing / the way it sits at the rear of the van just doesn’t look right to me. I thought that these normally run in a straight line but this doesn’t, it seems to go up at the rear. What are your thoughts please? Should I head back to VW?! TIA.

Happy holidays everyone.

View attachment 71020

View attachment 71021
Morning, just compared it to other photos and the configurator and yours looks normal to me.

Looks good to me too.

Agree, looks fine. If you want reassurance, open the sliding door; spacing between top of door and awning casing (not rail) should remain consistent and should look straight.

Morning, just compared it to other photos and the configurator and yours looks normal to me.
Yes normal position, probably the white body makes it look more odd.
20201224_093937[1].jpg

Attachments

• 9BC51712-0D4B-47BA-BCF8-B27131008DB2.jpeg
    9BC51712-0D4B-47BA-BCF8-B27131008DB2.jpeg
    69.2 KB · Views: 49
  • B7598735-B675-4A0E-B95B-05AA461D3AEE.jpeg
    B7598735-B675-4A0E-B95B-05AA461D3AEE.jpeg
    68.3 KB · Views: 50

Happy holidays everyone.

View attachment 71020

View attachment 71021
The awning is straight, the roofline dips towards the rear slightly?

Yes, yours looks the same. It must be the designed but my OCD is struggling with it!

If you have a view from above (upstairs bedroom) you will see that the roof isn't flat front to rear which will help to explain why it looks odd from the ground side view.

Have you tried winding it out , does it work like it should ?
in your picture the awning is in a straight line so can‘t see why you should worry .

Paint your awning white and it will blend it better and help subside the OCD every time you look at it.

Don't worry, this is normal new-owner-behaviour. It will lessen soon enough. Or well... to be honest, it probably won't. They are just to cool a campervan! Looking at mine through the window right now. It looks perfect, with the christmas lights next to it. :)

Paint your awning white and it will blend it better and help subside the OCD every time you look at it.
Or paint you van black :)

but to be honest I also struggle with things like that. Some people can camp on a sloped pitch without levelling chocks o_O

You could get the awning “wrapped” in white to match the van.

And some new clothes :)

Attachments

• F122AE2C-9FB0-40B9-9D40-265893D11906.png
    F122AE2C-9FB0-40B9-9D40-265893D11906.png
    296.4 KB · Views: 8

Happy holidays everyone.

View attachment 71020

View attachment 71021
It needs to kick out for the crank handle too.
Also be careful not to leave crank handle in as a few people have trapped it in the tailgate!

Happy holidays everyone.

View attachment 71020

View attachment 71021
I think you'll find the van roof is not straight and the awning is.
I noticed this on mine and looked twice at it.

Back