Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

7 seat beach + kitchen pod

zeratul

zeratul

Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 Beach 4Motion
Would it be possible to mount a kitchen pod (sink, cooker, cupboard) in a 7 seat beach, without removing one of the seats?
It shouldn't be practical, it shouldn't even be a good idea, but is it possible?
I want to have the cali beach to be a 7 seat camper on paper, then we can for each journey decide what to take: the pod with 5 or 6 seats, or the 7 seat configuration.

I already know 6 seats + pod is possible...
Are there very slim pods that fit in between the middle seats? Could you make one given the dimensions?

The nearest thing I have seen is a storage and foldable table that Vw do for the Caravelle . Search Caravelle table to see some pics. Doesent look that big to use as a workable pod.
There was a thread on here recently where someone fitted a small fridge between the front seats .

I've seen a few vans with pull out kitchen pods and storage under the rear bed board... Easy enough to do with some of the long travel sliders.

Does mean that you be sheltering under the tailgate when cooking, but this in itself is a pretty good idea.

Maybe this would work for you.

DSCF9464.jpg

Rgds
Mark

Edited to add a picture of the idea...

I wouldn't worry to much about trying to fit a sink in. They take up a lot of space (both the sink and somewhere to hold the grey water) for little benefit. A bowl and collapsible bucket work better for me, put dirty dishes in the bucket and either wash outside later or at the campsite sink. Having a source of clean water is useful though, mine is a simple plastic 'jerrycan' with a submersible pump feeding a modified shower head. (similar to what it looks like the pic SimplyDubs posted is using).

owen_h said:
I wouldn't worry to much about trying to fit a sink in. They take up a lot of space (both the sink and somewhere to hold the grey water) for little benefit. A bowl and collapsible bucket work better for me, put dirty dishes in the bucket and either wash outside later or at the campsite sink. Having a source of clean water is useful though, mine is a simple plastic 'jerrycan' with a submersible pump feeding a modified shower head. (similar to what it looks like the pic SimplyDubs posted is using).
Unfortunately, the regulations to get a beach to be homologated as a camper over here require furniture and sink to be mounted "fixed".

I hope a pull-out drawer mounted sink/cooking is allowed. It's practical at the same time to be cooking outside, but it does use a lot of trunk space.

Have you seen the rear vanessa option? It's quite expensive and I'm not sure where you would put luggage. here's the link

VanEssa mobilcamping Online-Shop - VanEssa Campingausbau - Küchenmodule für deinen VW T5, Caddy, u.v.a. Vans

kueche-produkte-oben-3.jpg

Even our waeco fridge doesn't fit between the seats. We have 3 children but rarely use our 6th seat and keep the pod in all the time. We have the reimo pantry unit.

Back