Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Seating configuration

racali

racali

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
I see from the brochure.that you can specify a single intermediate seat with a double bench or two intermediate seats with a three seater bench. I was really interested in two single intermediate seats with a double bench - is this possible?
I want the flexibility of the maximum seats ie six with the addition of kitchen pods like Maxxcamp down the side though not at the same time ie just bench seat for camping and all six seats minus pod for people carrying.

I think it’s possible asthe extra seats just slot into the rails - might be a bit of a squeeze on the side with the 2 seat storage box though

I see from the brochure.that you can specify a single intermediate seat with a double bench or two intermediate seats with a three seater bench. I was really interested in two single intermediate seats with a double bench - is this possible?
I want the flexibility of the maximum seats ie six with the addition of kitchen pods like Maxxcamp down the side though not at the same time ie just bench seat for camping and all six seats minus pod for people carrying.
It’s possible but not practical as the single seats need to be staggered on the rails leaving zero legroom.

Better would be to swap the front passenger seat for a double seat.

I doubt VW will allow you to order that configuration as the box that comes with the 2 seat bench bolts into the same rail that one of the seats drops into.

I think you would have to order a 2 seat version and then buy a couple of swivel seats on here or Ebay 2nd hand.

If you remove the storage box to the side of the 2 bench seat you will have exactly the same space to fit a pair of swivelling middle row seats as you would have with the 3 seater bench.

If you fit a range of maxcamp units , its only the one / ones that are closer to the front of the van than the bench seat that need to come out to fit the seat. anything alongside & to the boot space can stay in place.

As 2shaw said, you will have to order, 2 seat bench + one extra seat & get another from eBay or the like.

If ordering new, I'm not sure how many seats a 2 seat bench beach are stated on the V5. Need to check with the dealer to get it listed as a 6 or 7 seater at registration. Could save you some minor hassle later.

Thanks for your replies - so if I understand correctly the rails are there to take a two seater bench and two single seats for use as a personnel carrier for six people but I would have to remove the side box provided as standard with the two seater bench. I’m assuming that removing the bed extension at the rear would allow the bench to be pushed well back to give the second and third rows plenty of legroom. If that’s the case it ticks one of my boxes.
As a camper I would just have the two seater bench minus again the side box with a kitchen pod in its place. I’m assuming I can slide this pod on the rails to enable the passenger seat to be swivelled with plenty of leg room.
I am thinking of ordering the vw cool box only because it would I assume be covered by the five year extended warranty. I assume this also fixes to the rails in some fashion.
Thanks again for your responses and patience while I deliberate.

As 2shaw said, you will have to order, 2 seat bench + one extra seat & get another from eBay or the like.

If ordering new, I'm not sure how many seats a 2 seat bench beach are stated on the V5. Need to check with the dealer to get it listed as a 6 or 7 seater at registration. Could save you some minor hassle later.

That’s a good point to remember - other than the V5 being consistent with the configuration when checked and the insurance being made aware the only problem might be ordering just the two seater bench now with a view to getting the single seats later but needing it registered as a (potential) six seater by the dealer.

All your assumptions are correct, except I don't believe the toolbox comes with any means of fixing it to the rails.

Order one of the single seats with the van, its cheaper than buying second hand. Dealer may be able to get a further one ordered with someone else van if they don't want it.

Insurance shouldn't be a problem, as they are used to anything between 4 & 7 seats in a beach.

The actual floor & rails are the same in both type of beach, it is only the seat & multiflex that are different

It’s possible but not practical as the single seats need to be staggered on the rails leaving zero legroom.

Better would be to swap the front passenger seat for a double seat.

Thanks that’s something I hadn’t thought of so with that a Beach could be a eight seater or six with my preferred layout

All your assumptions are correct, except I don't believe the toolbox comes with any means of fixing it to the rails.

Order one of the single seats with the van, its cheaper than buying second hand. Dealer may be able to get a further one ordered with someone else van if they don't want it.

Insurance shouldn't be a problem, as they are used to anything between 4 & 7 seats in a beach.

The actual floor & rails are the same in both type of beach, it is only the seat & multiflex that are different

Not so good I’f the coolbox is just wedged in - the Maxxcamp fixing kit is ideal but also very expensive

Not so good I’f the coolbox is just wedged in - the Maxxcamp fixing kit is ideal but also very expensive
Also good to have confirmed the rails are the same as on my current T5 with 4Mo you can’t have the two singles as I assume the rails are different between SE models as fixings are restricted by the prop shaft etc underneath

Also good to have confirmed the rails are the same as on my current T5 with 4Mo you can’t have the two singles as I assume the rails are different between SE models as fixings are restricted by the prop shaft etc underneath

A 4 motion T5 SE has the 1st & 3rd rails counting from the sliding door that a beach has, a 3 rail SE has rails 1,2 and 3 the fourth would be under the kitchen.

The lack of the rail on a 4mo is nothing to do with space - you can physically fit the rail, but it is weight related, the extra seat + passenger leaves insufficient payload.
The are a few 4mo out there with the extra rail & any 4mo beach would have it as well.

Don’t want to be a Debbie Downer but probs worth noting that VW have stopped taking orders on t6 California’s and the 6.1 beach won’t be available in the UK.

Don’t want to be a Debbie Downer but probs worth noting that VW have stopped taking orders on t6 California’s and the 6.1 beach won’t be available in the UK.
I think you might find that is incorrect. The Beach is being replaced by 2 models, one of which will have twin sliding doors and the other model with a Flip Out mini gas hob/sink unit.

The Beach is being replaced by 2 models
Four models if my understanding is now correct.

2 seat bench, 2 doors
3 seat bench, 2 doors
2 seat bench, micro kitchen
3 seat bench, micro kitchen

I think I’d go for the 3 seat bench and 2 doors, but I’d like a second picnic table in the second door.

Four models if my understanding is now correct.

2 seat bench, 2 doors
3 seat bench, 2 doors
2 seat bench, micro kitchen
3 seat bench, micro kitchen

I think I’d go for the 3 seat bench and 2 doors, but I’d like a second picnic table in the second door.
Are they 4 models or 2 models with Options?
I mean, there weren’t 2 models of the Beach, just 1 with Options.

I was told that the beach won’t be coming to the UK - we will only
I think you might find that is incorrect. The Beach is being replaced by 2 models, one of which will have twin sliding doors and the other model with a Flip Out mini gas hob/sink unit.
I was told that the beach won’t be coming to the UK - we will only get the ocean and the more basic ocean (forgot its name) hope I m wrong though but the guy at the dealership was quite adamant.

I was told that the beach won’t be coming to the UK - we will only

I was told that the beach won’t be coming to the UK - we will only get the ocean and the more basic ocean (forgot its name) hope I m wrong though but the guy at the dealership was quite adamant.
Since when have Dealerships been correct?

Are they 4 models or 2 models with Options?
I mean, there weren’t 2 models of the Beach, just 1 with Options.
I don’t know where the boundary between model and option lie. The 2 and 3 seat versions of the T6 Beach are so very different they should, in my opinion, be classed as separate models. They even have their own interior colours and different multiflex.

But I guess you are right. It is VW who, as the manufacturer, can define the models or options.

It may have changed, but I believe the Beach 2 seat bench only comes with 3 rails, in position 1, 3 and 4. The extra rail in position 2 has to be added as an option with an additional seat. My 3 bench Beach has all four rails, but it’s a 7 seater.

It may have changed, but I believe the Beach 2 seat bench only comes with 3 rails, in position 1, 3 and 4. The extra rail in position 2 has to be added as an option with an additional seat. My 3 bench Beach has all four rails, but it’s a 7 seater.
I don’t think that’s correct. All beaches come with 4 rails.

I don’t think that’s correct. All beaches come with 4 rails.
Doesn't the Storage box on the 2 seat version lock onto the 4th rail? That was my understanding.