Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

8o ltr fuel Tank

S

StevoC

Vehicle
Looking to buy
Hi ,
We have an 80 LTR Fuel tank in our new ocean 6.1. When we fill it up the range on the dashboard shows 850KM till next fill. However we noticed that we can drive a number on days until the range starts to drop. (maybe 200KM+)
I thought first that it was stuck but then after it gets below 850 KM it gradually goes down as normal.
So my wondering is , is the range reading for a 60 LTR tank?
When i fill up my 80LTR tank and before driving the range is 850KM. Is this normal range for an 80 LTR or a 60 LTR?
Hope i make sense....

Hi ,
We have an 80 LTR Fuel tank in our new ocean 6.1. When we fill it up the range on the dashboard shows 850KM till next fill. However we noticed that we can drive a number on days until the range starts to drop. (maybe 200KM+)
I thought first that it was stuck but then after it gets below 850 KM it gradually goes down as normal.
So my wondering is , is the range reading for a 60 LTR tank?
When i fill up my 80LTR tank and before driving the range is 850KM. Is this normal range for an 80 LTR or a 60 LTR?
Hope i make sense....
I would have thought normal. I can travel 100+ miles before the fuel gauge moves.

It sounds like the 80 litre tank is about right. That would give around 40 mpg. The 60 litre tank is around 30 mpg. Which is too low. I find the same thing happens whith the estimated mileage or KLM’s. It stays the same for ages then starts to drop after a Couple of hundred miles.

Thanks Guys.
Once it drops it goes down normally. When totally full it stays full for a good while. I must check the distance next time I can afford to fill her up.

Happens on our van too, and other cars. My (unsubstantiated) theory is, when you fill the tank, the computer that calculates mileage based upon current economy (driving style) resets to a preset ‘average’ value. So it will always give you the same 850km range when full. If you’re actual economy is better than the assumed preset (I.e. more km/l or mpg), then the computer still says 850km, rather than jump up above that max value. So the range appears to be stuck at the maximum 850km (when in reality your range might be say 950km). It only starts to read less than 850km when the real economy and volume of fuel left works out less. Hope I make some sense?

Ive been finding the opposite, which doesnt seem rght compared to the cars Ive owned and the comments above. Mine drops the first bar on the digital dash (1/8th of a 70L tank) after about 35-40 miles. Then the next bars seem to have a longer range before dropping. Not sure why this would happen?

It calculates the range based on consumption on your last 20km. It happen to me that I drove in the city, filled up, then drove on country roads, and the range actually increased, as the avg consumption dropped and based on that my full tank would last a lot longer.

Could be that the 70 litre tank sensor is still fitted to the 80 litre tank, so only starts to drop once past the 70 litre full mark ... no big deal and saves some production costs ..

Happens on our van too, and other cars. My (unsubstantiated) theory is, when you fill the tank, the computer that calculates mileage based upon current economy (driving style) resets to a preset ‘average’ value. So it will always give you the same 850km range when full. If you’re actual economy is better than the assumed preset (I.e. more km/l or mpg), then the computer still says 850km, rather than jump up above that max value. So the range appears to be stuck at the maximum 850km (when in reality your range might be say 950km). It only starts to read less than 850km when the real economy and volume of fuel left works out less. Hope I make some sense?
Clearly wrong in the above - filled up yesterday in France during a longish trip, getting around 40mpg, our range went up to 920km, and stuck there for around 80km before it started to drop. So still puzzled ! :rolleyes:

Filled up yesterday with 75 liters and range showed 1000km (T6.1 204 4motion).

we have a 70 liter tank with the tft-dash. The first bar on the fuelmeter disappears around 140km, the second one around 230km. 4 bars (half a tank) usually around 550-600km.

The range when full says 850km, but we've done a few times over 900km before refuelling (fuelconsumption at the pump averages around 6.8-7l/100km)

Back