Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

GrumpyGranddad

GrumpyGranddad

Super Poster
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 199
Watched ‘Surviving 9/11’ tonight. Still as shocking after all these years! Heartbreaking human stories.

Made me dig out a book I bought in NYC in 2009 and signed by the author, Gary Suson. Met him at a 9/11 exhibition in St. Paul’s Chapel. He told me that although in the shadow of the Twin Towers the chapel didn’t suffer a single broken pane of glass on that fateful day.

9AE60C2D-822A-4687-A114-9C1FA19B297A.jpeg

790835DA-E012-4720-B81A-4B5E89F41F4B.jpeg

Yeah, friend of mine just ordered one, will post a real pic when it arrives

Saw a yellow and black 992 GT3 the other week in the flesh.
Stunning car…

Unfortunately wasn’t allowed to take a picture.

Please, please don’t anybody mention the 718. Just don’t.

Don’t.

Please, please don’t anybody mention the 718. Just don’t.

Don’t.
Same question... driven one? I have, the 4 cyclinders are less awesome than the screaming flat six of the previous generation, but then even the mighty Spyder isn't perfect.

But if you just want to put the top down and cruise around, they're pretty good! Admittedly wasn't quite enough for me to buy one, and clearly, I'm here on the Cali forum not the Porsche forum so you can all see where my priorities went...

Unfortunately yes I have had to drive the 718 a couple of times. Just not a Porsche.

The edge has been taken off, that I can agree on

Always a childhood dream. Now that I could afford easily a couple of them, I've come to the conclusions that once I buy one , and I tell all my friends, who will in turn congratulate me and admire my car, it will then serve no other purpose.

Always a childhood dream. Now that I could afford easily a couple of them, I've come to the conclusions that once I buy one , and I tell all my friends, who will in turn congratulate me and admire my car, it will then serve no other purpose.
Hahaha, similar thinking !

Unfortunately yes I have had to drive the 718 a couple of times. Just not a Porsche.

But have you tested the 718 6 cylinder…?
The spyder looks the best of the current Porsche crop.

Except to make you smile every time you see it, and feel alive every time you drive it? Oh and get you and another somewhere very quickly.

Except to make you smile every time you see it, and feel alive every time you drive it? Oh and get you and another somewhere very quickly.
We don't need to discuss that it's a great good looking car, even though every couple of years it will look "old" as a new model comes out. It's a wonderful machine.
I live in Germany and travel on the Autobahn 600mi every weekend. People moving very quickly from A to B including myself use german diesel 6cylinder estates. And some 4 cylinders too.
I drive a Q7, Porsches blow me past when I' already at 240km/h. I always catch them up eventually with my 2.7t Gvw ...

But have you tested the 718 6 cylinder…?
The spyder looks the best of the current Porsche crop.
Yes, driven it, 4 litre... it's nice, the gearing ratio is a bit off, you need to screw it to the max until the fun starts, except the fun stops because you're doing a 100 where you shouldn't be doing a 100...

the roof is fiddly, the sports seats look awesome (but being a big softy I'd save my back and wallet from those)

At almost the same price as a 911, I'd rather have a plain vanilla 911. But many will say that misses the point of the "real" Porsche experience, whatever that is.

More fun-per-pound in an original 986 is my conclusion !

Back