Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

A couple more niggles...

amdby

amdby

Vehicle
T5 SE 180
Hi again, a couple more brain teasers!
1. so in my new cali I see that the floor rails go quite a way back, but the seat can only go as far back as the brackets that support the metal mattress. Anyone know the logic here? (asking because I have a fifth seat, and would like more leg room when it's in position).
2. I was looking at threads re 12v fans, but those with recommendations seem to be no longer available. Does anyone have one to recommend that is effective but quiet, and could be left on all night without using too much of the battery?
Thank you!

1. so in my new cali I see that the floor rails go quite a way back, but the seat can only go as far back as the brackets that support the metal mattress. Anyone know the logic here? (asking because I have a fifth seat, and would like more leg room when it's in position).
2. I was looking at threads re 12v fans, but those with recommendations seem to be no longer available. Does anyone have one to recommend that is effective but quiet, and could be left on all night without using too much of the battery?
Thank you!
There are Metal “stops” front and back inside the runner nearest the passenger side.
Easily unscrewed which allows full movement of the bench to the 2 extremes.
There will be searchable posts on here showing how it’s done

You need to pull the removable sections out of the track to get them out. As above easily unscrewed to slide along. Awkward to get back in though if you want to.

Thank you!
Basically the same tracks are used in the Caravelle, a people carrier.
Some people have modified the bed shelf to make it shorter, or made a shorter replacement version so that the Bench can go further back. This will reduce boot space obviously.

True, but then where to clip it..!? Not a serious issue, I'll sort it, thanks.

Thank you!

1 move the stops in the rail tracks that limit forward and rear movement of the seats to as far back an forward as possible. The rear bench seat will then slide all the way back (bed extension removed) and forward until it hit the front seat. Easy to do just need a torch to locate stops and a flat blade screw driver to releases the stops and secure in their new position.

2 fans only cool you by increasing the rate perspiration evaporates from your body. It will not cool down the room / van / awning temperature. A decent 12 v fan will drain your battery if left on overnight off grid. Bad idea.

Back