Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

The pathetic niggles thread

1. 240v flap outside. Can it not be magnetic or something? Many a time glance in near side mirror to find it waving at me in the wind at 69mph on motorway.
2. Electric latch side door whirring into action when popping out in early hours for a wee - then the wife follows and it whirs again!
3. Worst can/bottle holders ever (T5) if you happen to have change in holder as well. Rattle, rattle, rattle!

But we love it

I bang my head every time I look in the safe on the corner of the wardrobe. ‍♀️
I did it again tonight whilst loading wine in the safe ready for French meet.
Don't mention coals and Newcastle.

Here’s one for you. On a +50k vehicle couldn’t VW spend just a little more and on the RH drive versions and put the DSG gear position indicator on the right hand side of the gear leaver. On the LH drive versions the driver can actually see the gear position! As it is when going from P to D you have to lean over to check. I know it appears on the display but not straightway.

They are on all the time when the mirror switch is in the central position.

Here’s one for you. On a +50k vehicle couldn’t VW spend just a little more and on the RH drive versions and put the DSG gear position indicator on the right hand side of the gear leaver. On the LH drive versions the driver can actually see the gear position! As it is when going from P to D you have to lean over to check. I know it appears on the display but not straightway.

Yep, drives me nuts!

Wish they had a remote for the stereo, pain when sitting in the back.
I think there is an app for that if you have the Discovery Media Plus?

Does the T6 have one touch for the passenger seat electric window switch?

On a roll now.... Why do the front parking sensors not come on at low speeds like they do on my Touran!

Not on mine they aren't. Checked with an Infra red Thermometer. as @Loz says - 15 minutes, just the same as the Heated Rear Window.
Checked mine tonight using the slightly less accurate MK1 right hand rather than an infra red thermometer, after an hour and a half driving the mirror glass was somewhere between very warm & hot, theres no way that it had switched off after 15 mins.

Checked mine tonight using the slightly less accurate MK1 right hand rather than an infra red thermometer, after an hour and a half driving the mirror glass was somewhere between very warm & hot, theres no way that it had switched off after 15 mins.
Have you got a Heated Rear window?

No heated rear window - I think there are very few SE that do.

VW service guy said they go off when they reach a certain temp. Maybe your sensor or thermal switch is not working correctly.

VW service guy said they go off when they reach a certain temp. Maybe your sensor or thermal switch is not working correctly.

I doubt it- we had this discussion nearly 2 years ago they were permanently on then and still are 30,000 miles later. I can't see there being any sort of heat sensor, its a basic bit of resistance wire on the back of the mirror glass.

No heated rear window - I think there are very few SE that do.
Mines got one, and my mirror heaters switch off.
Mirror switch always left in On position. Move switch to Off then On to activate. Glass clears. Mirror glass at ambient temperature after 30 mins or so. Heated Rear window automatically switches off after 15 mins.

No temperature sensor or thermal switch on the wiring diagram.
The window motor has a thermal fuse..
IMG_1533.PNG

Back