Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

A last minute purchase

When you say build week 4/12 - what does that mean? It's usually just a number - do you mean it is the week commencing 4th December? Delivery early feb? Others have had theirs at their dealer 1 or 2 weeks after their build week!!

Cheers

Yes. That's what we've been told. Build week commencing 4th December. 7-10 days to build. Handover around 2nd February (but this could vary slightly). We've got Christmas and New Year in our equation too and apparently the ports are very busy at this time of year. A bit shocked as our dealer told us 6-12 months so wasn't expecting it before April!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You could retrofit double glass at the rear, though it would cost you a leg (500 euro, or so). Maybe your seller will trade in the heated rear screen?
Double glass has its advantages: no condensation (especially in summer), better isolation against cold, and better isolation against outside noise while sleeping downstairs.
Other thing is, that heated rear screens sometimes come without a wiper, but who needs a rear wiper in a Cali anyway. (I like your description of the vanity mirror).

Condensed regards from Amsterdam,

Marc.

I am buying heated rear screen as it comes with the vehicle, an ex demo. Double glazed is a far better option.

Crikey, that's a bit strong.

I couldn't disagree more with your post as where I live is very dark, in the countryside and there are regularly walkers / runners / wildlife etc that I want the earliest possible warning of when driving at night. Wildlife doesn't have fluorescent jackets or flashing lights on and I am certainly not someone who just motors on and squashes poor defenceless creatures in my pursuit to get to work in the morning.

The technology included with bright headlights is there to minimise dazzling to other drivers and as manufacturers start to move more towards matrix LED it will get even better.

My main issue with headlights is the aftermarket kits/bulbs that replace dipped beams on standard headlights with HID or LED, where the beam pattern is not designed for it. They just throw light anywhere and are very dazzling.
I see. no pun intended

I couldn't disagree more with your post as where I live is very dark, in the countryside and there are regularly walkers / runners / wildlife etc that I want the earliest possible warning of when driving at night. Wildlife doesn't have fluorescent jackets or flashing lights on and I am certainly not someone who just motors on and squashes poor defenceless creatures in my pursuit to get to work in the morning.

The technology included with bright headlights is there to minimise dazzling to other drivers and as manufacturers start to move more towards matrix LED it will get even better.

My main issue with headlights is the aftermarket kits/bulbs that replace dipped beams on standard headlights with HID or LED, where the beam pattern is not designed for it. They just throw light anywhere and are very dazzling.

I see. pun intended

Hi everyone,

First post here after much trawling for information in the past. I have finally had a chance to go down and drive an Ocean and was obviously extremely happy with what I saw. I have been toying with doing a conversion and ultimately decided I'd get more pleasure from using a camper than I would making one so getting a California was the only choice.

I have specified what I believe to be right for me with the dealer:

• California SWB 2.0 TDI 150 Ocean DSG
  • N7N Seat Trim Covers in Alcantra
  • 3U1 Bed Extension + Comfort Sleeping Mat
  • 4HS Heated Rear Window with Wash / Wipe
  • 4Y2 Lockable Storage Compartment
  • 7X2 Front and Rear Parking Sensors
  • 9CE 4Stnd Intr Lights + 1 Flrsent-psng Cmpt
  • 9WT App Connect
  • II6 Cupboard in Dark Wood Wt Outdr Cnctn
  • NF1 Awning Housing and Rail in Black
  • NY2 Battery Upgraded 450A (95Ah)
  • PAD Adptv Cruise Cntrl+Frnt Asst+Cty Bke
  • QL0 Privacy Glass wit Heat Insulation
  • ZI6 Composition Media RAD+6.33in TuchScrn
  • 2G2 80ltr Fuel Tank
I'm quite happy negotiating new cars on PCP, but I'm not certain what is reasonable to ask for in terms of discount on a California. I do plan to buy GAP + smart insurance from this dealer. I have considered asking for metallic paint FOC, mud flaps FOC. I can't decide if I'm in a weak position as of the price rise on Wednesday or if they'll be happy to have more figures on their month.

Any advice, comments on the spec would be most welcome.

All the best.
Hi, ask for 10 %, its not unreasonable with those extras, I got it, email all VW garages get best deal. good look

Back