Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

A lot can happen in 6 Days

Bill R

Bill R

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
I explained in an earlier post how a chance visit to the Motorhome show last Saturday took me from never considering such a purchase to be interested in a VW Camper.
After just 6 days of intensive almost non stop obsessional research, with this site and forum being a mine of great information - I have just paid a deposit and ordered my Cali Ocean !
Good advice on here regarding looking at Demonstrators, and I particularly liked one story I read of one member agreeing to buy a Demo Cali with the discounted Price and having it with it never being used as a Demonstrator.
That's exactly what has happened to me :)
As I'm going to sell a highly specced 6 month old SUV, I wanted to have my new Cali quite high in Specification.
Interesting how different Dealers Spec their Demos - Liverpool for example seem to Spec theirs low and have a lower Overall Price whereas Coventry, my local dealer seem to Spec theirs high.
After assessing my ideal spec and getting a quote on AutoeBid which knocked 8% off the price, Coventry had a very highly Spec Demo which has never had a foot set in it which was 10% less than list price and not much more than the other quote , had just about everything I wanted plus some other nice to haves that I would have not gone for if I was paying full whack.
I love the colour, the 2 Tone Grey and Black but ordering that on a factory order is mind blowing when you see the cost.
Needless to say I'm very excited and would highly recommend looking at Demonstrators if you are looking, the word suggests it will have been used in the showroom or for test drives but clearly that's not always the case.
I'm now a paid up VIP member of this Club and look forward to reading many more nuggets of wisdom and advice

Bill

Great stuff , do post pictures of the two tone ....

Great story! I think you will be very happy with it – looking forward to some nice pics ;-)

EDIT: You beat me to it ;-)

Great stuff - I've sat in that exact (ie your!) van when I was there about 3 or 4 weeks ago.

Had a good play with CarPlay etc. Very decent spec with 18s, 2-tone paint and Dynaudio as well. Very lucky mate :)

Hi Bill R / itguy It looks like you both may have sat in my van as I am picking up that very one on Tuesday in Coventry :bananadance2so I hope you had clean shoes on lol

I had been also been looking to buy new before the price increase and had completed the spec which was with my local dealer in Scotland ( negotiating discount) when I went looking on the internet for pictures of a Starlight Blue Cali ( my chosen colour ) and came across a 17 plate Black / Grey 2-tone in Coventry with a huge spec which I enquired about, only to be told it had been sold :( ( Bill ? )
However further discussion revealed that they had an unregistered 2-tone sitting in the showroom with the same spec, so after a few days of negotiations I managed to secure it at the same price as the 17 plate and as they wanted it registered / sold before the end of October I pushed a bit and got the warranty extended to 5 years and their Protec Ultima protection package thrown in

ps I am also having them fit chrome side bars prior to collection on Tuesday ( 550mile round trip from Fife Scotland )

Full Spec below ( seems nearly all the option boxes were ticked ) as Bill noted Coventry like to spec there vans towards the high end

150 PS 7- speed DSG

-[N7N] Seat trim covers in Alcantara

-[9077] Indium Grey upper/Deep Black Pearl lower

-[II6] Cupboard in Dark Wood with outdoor shower connection

-[C3C] 18" Toluca alloy wheels 8J x 18

-[Q35] All weather tyres 255/45 R18 103H XL with low rolling resistance

-[2G2] Fuel tank with a volume of 80l

-[ZI8] Discover Media Navigation system plus

-[UI2] 2 USB interfaces (also for iPod/iPhone),and AUX-IN jack

-[Z99] Guide & Inform-Contract duration: 3 years, 1 year FOC

-[QH3] Voice control with voice enhancement

-[QV3] DAB+ Digital Radio Reception

-[9WX] Volkswagen Media Control and App Connect

-[EL3] Online service, without OCU, with head unit coding, without engine immobilizer interconnection

-[1D2] Towbar; removable/lockable (incl. trailer stabilisation)

-[QL0] Green heat insulating glass in cab with double glazed green privacy glass in the passenger compartment

-[4GR] Heated front windscreen

-[9VP] DYNAUDIO

-[8SK] LED tail lights

-[8IT] LED headlamps

-[8Q3] Dynamic headlight range control (self-adjusting while driving)

-[EU2] Magnetic flashlight

-[6K3] Front Assist including city emergency braking system for adaptive crusie control (ACC)

-[8T3] Cruise control incl. Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC) for vehicles with dual clutch transmission Stop & Go

-[7X8] Front and rear parking sensors with rear-view camera

-[8G1] High Beam Assist

-[1N3] Servotronic speed-sensitive power steering (steering column adjustable in height and reach)

-[7Y1] Side scan (lane change assist/lane departure warning)

-[9ZE] Premium Bluetooth phone interface with wireless aerial and storage compartment

-[1G8] Tyre mobility kit in lieu of spare wheel:12-volt compressor and tyre sealant

-[8X1] Headlamp washer system with heated frontwasher nozzles and washer fluid level indicator

[ZL6] Chrome package

-[8WH] Front fog lights with cornering function

-[QJ1] Chrome package

-[6KE] Grille with chrome moldings and chrome clamp

-[9CE] Interior light concept for Camper "Comfort Plus" incl. lighting in pop-up roof, tailgate, and cupboards

-[3U1] Bed extension with comfort sleeping mat (Beach: bed enlargement including storage compartment)

[ZEA] Leather multi-function sports steering wheel and gearshift knob with radio, telephone and display controls
-[3HB] Leather gear knob

-[1XX] Leather-wrapped multifunction sports steering wheel w/ tiptronic

[ZEO] Driver alert with premium multi-function display

-[EM1] Driver alert system

-[9Q4] Multi-function display Premium with multi-colour display

-[NF1] Awning rail and housing in black

-[6N2] Mudflaps front and rear

-[1T9] First aid kit with warning triangle and safety vest

-[4Y2] Lockable storage compartment

:cheers

Hi Bill R / itguy It looks like you both may have sat in my van as I am picking up that very one on Tuesday in Coventry :bananadance2so I hope you had clean shoes on lol

I had been also been looking to buy new before the price increase and had completed the spec which was with my local dealer in Scotland ( negotiating discount) when I went looking on the internet for pictures of a Starlight Blue Cali ( my chosen colour ) and came across a 17 plate Black / Grey 2-tone in Coventry with a huge spec which I enquired about, only to be told it had been sold :( ( Bill ? )
However further discussion revealed that they had an unregistered 2-tone sitting in the showroom with the same spec, so after a few days of negotiations I managed to secure it at the same price as the 17 plate and as they wanted it registered / sold before the end of October I pushed a bit and got the warranty extended to 5 years and their Protec Ultima protection package thrown in
Hi there
I only went there for the first time early this week and bought mine on Thursday and it wasn't the 17 plate so someone else had one too !
Mine is , as they put it, " exactly the same spec as the one in the showroom" and you've listed stuff I didn't even realise was on it. I got the spec from their advert but they clearly missed things off, like the tow bar - I had no idea ! And the 80 ltr fuel tank
It really is an amazing spec and a beautiful looking vehicle - and my shoes were clean !
Where did you get that spec/options list from ?

I too asked them for 5 year warranty, Protech treatment and a bike rack and they agreed with all of that.

Pick mine up first week in December and can't wait ,
Luckily I'm local - that's one hell of a trip your doing but worth it as the discount on list price is big !

Cheers
Bill

Triplets then - not twins lol
The spec was emailed to me from Chis in the dealership when I made contact re the 17 plate which was advertised on the VW web site.
Yes it is a long trip but as you say the spec / discount will make it all worth while - I Hope !!!
I got your pm
Cheers

Once past Preston, it'll be a great trip to run a new van in. Love the drive to Scotland, tho the 101 miles to Edinburgh sign can be a bit depressing when tired. (-:

I explained in an earlier post how a chance visit to the Motorhome show last Saturday took me from never considering such a purchase to be interested in a VW Camper.
After just 6 days of intensive almost non stop obsessional research, with this site and forum being a mine of great information - I have just paid a deposit and ordered my Cali Ocean !
Good advice on here regarding looking at Demonstrators, and I particularly liked one story I read of one member agreeing to buy a Demo Cali with the discounted Price and having it with it never being used as a Demonstrator.
That's exactly what has happened to me :)
As I'm going to sell a highly specced 6 month old SUV, I wanted to have my new Cali quite high in Specification.
Interesting how different Dealers Spec their Demos - Liverpool for example seem to Spec theirs low and have a lower Overall Price whereas Coventry, my local dealer seem to Spec theirs high.
After assessing my ideal spec and getting a quote on AutoeBid which knocked 8% off the price, Coventry had a very highly Spec Demo which has never had a foot set in it which was 10% less than list price and not much more than the other quote , had just about everything I wanted plus some other nice to haves that I would have not gone for if I was paying full whack.
I love the colour, the 2 Tone Grey and Black but ordering that on a factory order is mind blowing when you see the cost.
Needless to say I'm very excited and would highly recommend looking at Demonstrators if you are looking, the word suggests it will have been used in the showroom or for test drives but clearly that's not always the case.
I'm now a paid up VIP member of this Club and look forward to reading many more nuggets of wisdom and advice

Bill

I bought mine there a few weeks ago and am extremely happy with it. The staff there are very helpful and do their best to resolve any issues.
If you haven't already seen them, the "California Chris" films on YouTube are a great way of learning about your new vehicle.
There is a lot to take in on handover day and if you watch some of these short (6-10mins) films it might help. There are about a dozen of them now. Here's a link to two to start you off.

&

Good luck and enjoy your California
Simon

I'm ahead of you Simon ! Watched them all and probably read every thread on this site , I think I'm hooked !

Thanks Simon but like Bill I have seen them all and probably read most of the threads on here over the past few weeks - brilliant forum with great advice / info
I trust you are enjoying life with your new vehicle :thumb

Back