Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

A few bits of advice for a new purchase

Monkeytree

Monkeytree

Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
I bought an ex demo t6 beach a few weeks ago, and just thought I'd post a few things I learned and advice I'd give in the process that may be helpful for others.

Buying ex demo - you can get one for a "good" price but you have to be very quick and watching teh VW website every day, ones for a good price go within hours and ones on at a high price linger.

Finance - you can get the deposit contribution of £750 by only putting a bit on finance, I think the minimum my dealer said was £5000, paid off over 12 months which is the shortest period allowed, interest comes to £250, this saving of £500. This is paid by VW to the dealer so it doesn't affect the discount you can negotiate from the dealer. You can then cancel within 14 days (I've read) or pay off any time in the year with relatively little penalty.

Engine / gearbox. I got the 150 and it's pretty powerful. I was considering the smaller engine but I'm glad I got the 150, it's worth the money.

Otherwise loving the van and drives really nicely. It's a big improvement on my old t5 panel van.