Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

A new Beach in Cornwall, such joy....

Salty

Salty

Salty
VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
IMG_6332.JPG IMG_6322.JPG IMG_6328.JPG First, thank you to this brilliant forum, and to all it's really helpful contributors. Such knowledge, its been very helpful.

I have no negatives to post, only to tell you of the joy of the first weeks ownership. My wife and I have been to Dulverton in Somerset, wonderful, and I am now on a business trip to Lyme Regis, juts me and the dog
Pepé.

The van itself does everything I wanted it to, and the addition of the excellent Slidepod kitchen, and the Maxxcamp cupboard gives us space inside to sleep with a full width bed, and the cooking area being outside sort of extends the van. I get a bit claustrophobic, and I love outside cooking anyway, so it suits brilliantly for both cooking and kipping.....I really didn't want to compromise on these two things! When it rains, we'll use an electric kettle that sits on top of the fridge.

However, the real joy is the feeling of being able to escape. It's made me deeply happy in a way an expensive hotel never does. The feeling of just buzzing off, for a night at Treen campsite in West
Cornwall, a couple of nights in Dulverton, a week in Scotland, or three weeks in Spain is marvellous. I'll be going on more 'business' trips too, me and the dog!

This is the dream of quite a few years, I ticked nearly every box on the options list, got all twisted up worried about the electric door...but it's all good.

The photo's are of the last week, and this morning...

IMG_6331.JPG

Great pictures thanks for sharing. One thing I note. I would say your bungee is a little tight.

Great stuff , seems you setteld well there using the pod.
As for the bungee , i would leave it that way , it will loose a bit tension in time...
But still good eye for detail there by @Calikev

And as always ....white looks soooo cool .
If i would buy new , i would take white!

Thanks for your write up & photos. Looks great .

You have visited some of our favourite places- Dulverton & Lyme Regis ( went to school there). Agree the real joy of our Cali is being able to "escape " (with our westies ).

We are off for a few days to Treloan campsite near Portscatho in April ,one of favourite outside school holidays. Bus to St,Mawes with dogs. Place ferry across St Mawes & walk along the coastal path back to Treloan.

Will try Treen campsite ,looks good with lots of coastal/beach walks from the campsite.

Last edited:
:agreed Yes, "deeply happy" is just the right description of how one's California makes one feel. I'm basically just toiling away at the day job these days to feed my Cali addiction every weekend I can possibly manage :)

Thanks for sharing Salty, the slidepod looks great!
Enjoy the feeling and the good looking van!

Looks great like the photos. I agree being able to escape is a great feeling enjoy your beach.:thumb

Looks great, glad you are all loving it. :thumb:thumb:thumb

Thanks for sharing, looks like a lovely van and setup.

I wish that window bag was available for the 3 seat beach, really looks good

Great photos - thanks for sharing. We're planning on going to Dulverton for our first weekend when we've got Cali.

Great photos - thanks for sharing. We're planning on going to Dulverton for our first weekend when we've got Cali.
Hi, well if you decide to eat out Woods is brilliant, you need to book, either at the bar or in the restaurant. Also the Bridge pub is good. The people in charge of the site are extremely nice and will help with advise on your van if you need it.

Did you stay at the CC site near the Bridge Inn? That's the one we've booked - handy for the pub!

Did you stay at the CC site near the Bridge Inn? That's the one we've booked - handy for the pub!
Yes it's super and The Bridge is really nice, Woods is only a stumble away as well. For a walk you can go up the river for a while, then cross over, and back. Might see you there...

Thanks for sharing, looks like a lovely van and setup.

I wish that window bag was available for the 3 seat beach, really looks good
Hi Matt, something I considered was whether the Maxxcamp storage could be made using the same board as the slidepod to give a rigid box, and looking as part of the kitchen fit out, albeit sitting on top of the new multi board, and removable separate from the kitchen. In fact, like one of the solid ones
Maxxcamp make only made by Jonny, someone else, or yourself. It wasn't something I could have done by myself, but then I'm a complete idiot putting things together and I don't think you are!

Jonny was working on an internal pod and has done buddy boxes in the past. I think they've been so busy however he only got to prototype stage.

I would love a box in the same colour as my pod for internal storage :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Congrats @Salty - good to see folks getting out early in the year! Have fun.

Back