That feeling of "Cali Joy"!

MattBW

MattBW

Here to help
Super Poster
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 Beach
Do you ever just find that lift of happiness when looking at your van, or after stopping a journey just sitting in it? Sometimes whilst travelling along it just strikes you how amazing and privileged we are to have these vehicles. I used to call it "van joy" but now I definitely think the Cali has a feeling all it's own.

I regularly get that feeling of joy and happiness even when I am not going away, just driving to work in the sunshine or sat having a cup of tea parked up. Or at the meets when meeting so many lovely and like minded folks!

I also get the feeling when I see how supportive and huge this community is, I feel truly lucky. :)

Do you get the "Cali joy", when do you notice it?

I get the Cali joy, every time i glance over another dodgy converted van...:Iamsorry

Do you ever just find that lift of happiness when looking at your van, or after stopping a journey just sitting in it? Sometimes whilst travelling along it just strikes you how amazing and privileged we are to have these vehicles. I used to call it "van joy" but now I definitely think the Cali has a feeling all it's own.

I regularly get that feeling of joy and happiness even when I am not going away, just driving to work in the sunshine or sat having a cup of tea parked up. Or at the meets when meeting so many lovely and like minded folks!

I also get the feeling when I see how supportive and huge this community is, I feel truly lucky. :)

Do you get the "Cali joy", when do you notice it?

Always Matt,

especially after just back from a trip, cleaned, repacked .... I sit there with an almost uncontrollable urge to just head off somewhere.

Sadly now will not be able to drive for another 4 weeks with this cast on my arm and after that I'm heavily involved in the Alzheimers research programme I've been volunteering with for the last three months so it's going to be August before we set off somewhere together .....:(:(:(

I get T5 multivan joy already.... can't imagine how much joy I will get when my Cali arrives! Love just having a van I can sleep in. Every trip feels like a road trip.

when it’s got me and my family to the alps and back I feel this feeling to pat the bonnet is this weird :) it’s just a nice place to be

My "Cali Joy" manifests itself in the knowledge I'm going to arrive at my destination and not be constantly worried that a new "noise" is going to cost £1000's as in my splittie.

My "splittie joy" is knowing it will out perform a lambo from a dead start, looks cool and is more cosy than the Cali

Having just returned from a 15 night, 1500 mile tour of Scotland culminating in a 400 mile drive home yesterday I’m a very happy Cali owner. She performed faultlessly throughout and we enjoyed some spectacular walks and scenery with wonderful weather. Even when the heavens opened one evening/overnight we felt totally safe/secure and completely dry and warm even without the Topper. Being able to turn up on a site, raise the roof, plug in and enjoy a cup of tea whilst the caravans are still winding down steadies is a great feeling. Some of the single track roads on Mull, Skye and around Loch Ness are easy for the Cali - I couldn’t imagine how I’d feel in a big Motorhome.

What a great vehicle.

Cali T6 150 dsg Joy for me too. “Bertie” can do no wrong, used as my daily driver, HWMBO loves him. Just completed a variation of NorthWest 50O by turning left at Carlisle, Luce Bay, Mull of Galloway, Ardrossan, Arran, Kintyre, Oban, Skye, Loch Torridon, Durness, Tongue, Callander then Carlisle. 1500 miles, 14 days, 38mpg inc heating, 5 days of 4 seasons each day. :happy:happy5E832B42-142C-4E83-986C-BD9E43D19666.jpeg

Now in our 5th year of ownership and the feeling for BB is the same as the first day we picked him up….. been driving 53 years now and the same feeling as my very first car, it’s just braw and just gets better.
And our Tavish loves him too lol

IMG_4098.jpeg

Cali T6 150 dsg Joy for me too. “Bertie” can do no wrong, used as my daily driver, HWMBO loves him. Just completed a variation of NorthWest 50O by turning left at Carlisle, Luce Bay, Mull of Galloway, Ardrossan, Arran, Kintyre, Oban, Skye, Loch Torridon, Durness, Tongue, Callander then Carlisle. 1500 miles, 14 days, 38mpg inc heating, 5 days of 4 seasons each day. :happy:happyView attachment 45395
Just to follow up my original post.
5 years old and still loving Bertie as daily driver after 46,000 miles although mpg down to 35 after VW software update, or my right foot is getting heavier!!!

Also treated Bertie to a companion, Ned

338BF691-D7CF-4C54-9ED7-FE4E0595DEC3.jpeg

Now in our 5th year of ownership and the feeling for BB is the same as the first day we picked him up….. been driving 53 years now and the same feeling as my very first car, it’s just braw and just gets better.
And our Tavish loves him too lol

View attachment 108799
Love the way he is winking. It’s definitely his happy place ;)

Just to follow up my original post.
5 years old and still loving Bertie as daily driver after 46,000 miles although mpg down to 35 after VW software update, or my right foot is getting heavier!!!

Also treated Bertie to a companion, Ned

View attachment 108800
Welcome Ned, lovely wee Border… I’m sure he’ll love the adventures.

Back