Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

A Sad Day

SteveH

SteveH

Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
It's a sad day for us but we finally came to the decision that we had to sell our Beach. Thanks to house renovations that seem to be an endless drain on the bank account we've had to make some painful decisions as far as finances are concerned so it has to go and if anyone is looking for loved vehicle to own it's up on the for sale on this site with loads of accessories.

I would sell everything except my California if I was in need for money.
It would not cross my mind to sell mine for € 30000 or less, and in a few years buy a new one for over € 65000. (that would be an Ocean, not a Beach for me)

Couldn't you sell the house instead?
Don't think it wasn't discussed Boris but we are at that point where selling the house would be a lot more lucrative when it is finished. I must admit that I had expected the value of my beach to be a little closer to what I bought it for after all the talk of residuals. Don't think we'll buy new again.

Your Beach is priced at about the right level. It's got a good spec and that always sells. Just bide your time.

Don't take too much notice of all the talk about huge dealer discounts on T6s at present. Whilst that may be the case those vehicles are mostly very basic spec examples. Most people are after a few more options especially that parking heater.

I know what you mean about buying new. It's always best to go for a dealer demonstrator or pre-registered example for maximum savings but you almost always have to compromise on spec. That's what we have always done until our current Beach which we factory ordered with just about every option on it. I don't like the T6 so we thought we would order one to our spec for once and to hell with the expense. When I eventually sell it I will probably have lost a lot of cash but since this one's a keeper I'm not that concerned.

Last edited:
Don't think it wasn't discussed Boris but we are at that point where selling the house would be a lot more lucrative when it is finished. I must admit that I had expected the value of my beach to be a little closer to what I bought it for after all the talk of residuals. Don't think we'll buy new again.
I know exactly how you feel, our extension was started in August and is still ongoing, and as you say the costs can easily get out of control. Personally I would never sell my biggest asset it’s a foolish thing to do imo, but people have their own opinions and what’s wrong with that. Good luck selling your motor and he all goes well with the refurb, you’ll love what you did when it’s finished.

Back