Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Sad news

Elly Swanson

Elly Swanson

Top Poster
VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
It's with great sadness that I write to say last weekend we said goodbye to our lovely Barney. He's been our campervanning and festival buddy for the last 13 years, since a rescued pup, and we've not known the Cali without him.

For the last few months he's been very poorly and a shadow of himself. He's been backwards and forwards to the vet and last week deteriorated very quickly. We knew it was the right time to let him rest.

He loved being in the van and the Cali really was his happy place. On the road, parked up or pitched, overnight pub stop, weekend festival, long holidays, he loved every minute of it. So much so that when we got home he'd refuse to leave it and if we put him in the house he'd sneak out and hide under it.

So, life seems very weird at the moment, as all of you who've lost a dog will know, but I think the next time we're camping will be the weirdest.

So sorry to hear this Elly. It’s so hard. You have lots of happy memories to keep with you in the Cali x

It's with great sadness that I write to say last weekend we said goodbye to our lovely Barney. He's been our campervanning and festival buddy for the last 13 years, since a rescued pup, and we've not known the Cali without him.

For the last few months he's been very poorly and a shadow of himself. He's been backwards and forwards to the vet and last week deteriorated very quickly. We knew it was the right time to let him rest.

He loved being in the van and the Cali really was his happy place. On the road, parked up or pitched, overnight pub stop, weekend festival, long holidays, he loved every minute of it. So much so that when we got home he'd refuse to leave it and if we put him in the house he'd sneak out and hide under it.

So, life seems very weird at the moment, as all of you who've lost a dog will know, but I think the next time we're camping will be the weirdest.
so sorry i know exactly how you are feeling its so hard and your first trip camping will be difficult but time will help and one day you might give another dog a wonderful home.

Sorry to read this. He had a great life with you and hopefully focusing on that, and knowing he didn’t suffer a long time, will give you some comfort.

Dear @Elly

So sorry to hear this. They are not pets, they become part of us. A terrible great hole is with you right now, but so are so many beautiful and fond memories.

Love, Jen xxxx

Always very sad to lose a pet. Specially after all those years. They are just as much a member of the family as your children.

Oh Elly, we are genuinely sorry to hear this.
Yes we know the awful heartbreak of losing a beloved dog. Barney wasn’t just a dog he was a huge part of your family whom you gave a wonderful life to. The last kindness you can do for a loving pet is to let them go when they are poorly. We hope in time your many wonderful memories of him will bring you comfort, he will always be with you, but now he travels locked within your heart.

I'm so sorry you've lost Barney, its such a sad time. Please share some photos of him, I'd love to see them

I’m so sorry. Sounds like you had some great times together. Take care.

Hi Elly

I’m so sorry to hear that. I know that all the wishes from the good people on here was a great comfort to me. Virtual hugs from all of us who understand how you are feeling. May all the painful reminders turn into happy memories.

take care and RIP Barney. He joins many other woofs in the great Cali in the sky.