Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Interesting Beach for Sale

James

James

Top Poster
VIP Member
I've been tracking this model since I bought mine

http://www.exchangeandmart.co.uk/used-c ... a/14521430

It's very distinctive - something of the sportline look. I actually based my side decals on these.

What's interesting i that price has been reduced from 37k.

37k was frankly a bit steep, the spec, like my Beach is fairly basic (no fogs etc) it's also the two seater model with no additional seats. I would expect to see a Beach like that at the 32k mark or thereabouts.

When you consider that even with a Sportline Splitter, decals and 18 inch Sportline Wheels it still does not equal the cost difference between 32k and 37k then it's clear why the price has been reduced.

You are still paying for a certain look, but this now looks like a tempting vehicle. Of course it's going to be for those who want appearance but this remains a very nice looking van and if someone is looking it would be worth checking it out.

James

Hi,

I sat in this Vw California at this years busfest. Its a nice van and has a few desirable options.
Looks real nice in the flesh, and being in the market for a beach I may have considered it. I need 7 seats though. The tent bit (don't know what you call it) on the pop top has some holes in it too where they didn't pull the sides in when lowering it.

Really, that's interesting, I couldn't really see it's spec. But at 37k initially, looked a bit expensive. Shame about the roof.

It's a good looking thing though :)

James

As it's clearly in warranty, and for sale by a main dealer, I imagine the roof canvas damage could be sorted under warranty?

wilupo7 said:
As it's clearly in warranty, and for sale by a main dealer, I imagine the roof canvas damage could be sorted under warranty?

Warranty? On a roof? That's a joke at the moment........

Oh heck. Thought they were being more helpful than that. You could always stick a Smurf hard-top on it! :funny

Haha, it might just come to that

I sat in it also. Even tried to buy it but they weren't interested in selling so bought the van I actually wanted from south Hereford with the same sort of look and the bits I wanted dab etc. new and cheaper. Picked it up on Friday loving every minute of it. Will post picture later. Also got an old cady that I'm going to cut the front end of and turn into a kitchen trailer. Will start that after crimbo

Saw this at BUSFEST as well.
The Black roof seems a bit too much for me also after climatronic, 3 rear seats.
Nice in white with the black wheels though.
I was after the blue one also at BUSFEST 62 plate/3 seats etc. By the time the salesman got back with a price it was sold. Had a hole in the roof and the front seat was jammed though.
I am really facing the factory order route as there seems little out there in a 140 beach.
If it were possible a 180 beach 4 motion to spec would be it. Interesting, VW. :cool: I

LABZILLA said:
Saw this at BUSFEST as well.
The Black roof seems a bit too much for me also after climatronic, 3 rear seats.
Nice in white with the black wheels though.
I was after the blue one also at BUSFEST 62 plate/3 seats etc. By the time the salesman got back with a price it was sold. Had a hole in the roof and the front seat was jammed though.
I am really facing the factory order route as there seems little out there in a 140 beach.
If it were possible a 180 beach 4 motion to spec would be it. Interesting, VW. :cool: I

If you can suffer LHD then you can have 180 Beach with 4 motion :)

Can't see VW offering the full Beach range to the UK - which is a shame :)

Back