Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

A total camping novice

Thanks for all the posts, really helpful. I ended up going for a Vango double sleeping bag which seems great, you can take off layers. I also went for a Zonesleep mattress topper and it is very comfortable downstairs.
I think it is wise to order seat covers but they are very expensive and not in stock. Do most people have seat protectors?

Thanks for all the posts, really helpful. I ended up going for a Vango double sleeping bag which seems great, you can take off layers. I also went for a Zonesleep mattress topper and it is very comfortable downstairs.
I think it is wise to order seat covers but they are very expensive and not in stock. Do most people have seat protectors?
Do you have them at home?
If you travel with dogs - definitely need covers of some sort.
If you travel with young children - A cover on the seat squab probably desirable.
If you travel with just the 2 of you then debatable.
We just use a Microfibre bath towel, huge range of colours, on the back seat squab and Autoglym Interior shampoo once or twice a year on the front seats.

I'm not concerned about the resale value and if the seats cannot be returned to their new car glory after a good valet then I might consider some Brandrup 2nd skin covers. But after 2 years and 40,000 miles the seats still look as good as new.

I know some people are comfortable with plastic glasses and there are safety aspects (eg if you have young kids in/around the van). But for me one of the joys of Cali'ing is a bit of gracious living - so it HAS to be proper wine glasses.

I've cut some bits of foam to keep the glasses snug in their box. If one does eventually get broken, IKEA's sales will benefit, to the tune of about 40p.

I put my glasses in a 'personal cooler' and my mugs in another. This saves them from rattling or breaking. Supermarkets sell these at good prices.

http://sainsburys.co.uk/webapp/wcs/...ies/sainsburys-personal-cooler-127468364-p-44

I'll second WelshGas comments re seat covers, we have them but only because we have two young boys who make it their mission in life to get everything they touch dirty, but if it was just my wife and I we'd not bother because I feel as good as the covers are (we have the Comfortz Leisure ones) they do detract slightly from the actual seats and ultimately it's your Cali enjoy it and enjoy the seats and let the next owner worry about any wear and tear.

We have just bought a mini oven from Aldi, very similar to the Quest. Top, bottom or both elements and timer. It is more powerful than the Quest at 1200-1300watts, still ok for most hookup supplies. Very pleased with it and fits in the large sliding drawer albeit a squeeze heightwise. 3 year warranty to and only £19.99

image.jpeg

Quest oven is great. We reheat lasagne, chicken Kiev, croissants ,not tried toasted sarnies yet. I store mine in left hand cupboard, tops half, fits in sideways. Only works on hookup though
I love your profile description. Fits our ethos exactly! Can't wait till our Cali arrives. Only a few months to wait now ... yawn ...

Back