Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

A whole new experience

F

Fionamu

Vehicle
T4 PopTop
Hello - I have just bought an old 1990’s California. It’s long been a dream to buy a van and just ....go!
I’m taking it over to France in August so I’m looking for recommendations for places to stop and walk for a few days far from The rest of the world and viruses. Can anyone advise me on the do’s and don’ts of nature camping?
Any suggestions gratefully received.

Sounds like you bought yourself a nice van! Congrats! If by 'nature camping' you mean 'wild camping' or parking and spending the night in your van in a place that is not a camping or designated campers stop, this info might help. And this too.

Welcome to the forum family.
It is lovely when you say, you have fulfilled your dream to own a van.The great Adventures starts now.

I have no experience of "nature camping" in France. But our son, who has T4 like you, goes to the Atlantic coast of Spain and Portugal every summer with his two young children. They camp, as we say "wild". He says it is wonderful. It is easy to camp, but it is getting a little more difficult each year.
Have fun.

:welcome can we have some pictures please. I do hope you have a fantastic time in France.