Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

A word of warning

@Wildcamper The fly in your argument is that, according to the OP, the van was stationery overnight when the gas leak occurred. So, no obvious reason for the air pressure to be greater outside the gas bottle locker, hence any leakage in the locker would, I reckon, escape through the vent and not into the van (gas being heavier than air, etc).
I failed my GCE Physics by the way, but that is another story...happy to be corrected of course.

Last edited:
I don't have to. Its all down to Physics . Oh, and after 4 comes 5.
On this discussion I agree entirely with Welsh Gas' point. It is simple logic. You don't need classroom physics. The only exception would be if the gas tight locker in the California had a leak that leaked at less pressure than the atmospheric pressure on the hole in the bottom of the gas tight locker.

On this discussion I agree entirely with Welsh Gas' point. It is simple logic. You don't need classroom physics. The only exception would be if the gas tight locker in the California had a leak that leaked at less pressure than the atmospheric pressure on the hole in the bottom of the gas tight locker.
I agree - but being pedantic if the leak was at less than atmospheric pressure the outside air would be coming into the gas locker rather than gas going out.

A word of warning to anyone picking up a new GC . l took delivery on the 27th of march this year. Whilst having the handover was told they could not run the gas that would have been checked at the factory. A few days later I connected a new bottle closed the van up only to find the next morning the van was full of gas it’s still with the dealer now .
So if you are picking up a new vehicle take a gas bottle with you and run it before you take the van home. YOU CAN’T TRUST THE FACTORY.
The build quality is terrible these days. I've had four Californias . The first three were brilliant. This one which was built in June last year has had loads of warranty work done. In fairness all the faults have been fixed but indicative of poor build quality in the factory.