Handover checklist

• Thread starter Paul G - 2022 Ocean
  • Start date
Paul G - 2022 Ocean

Paul G - 2022 Ocean

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 150
Picking up our new California Ocean tomorrow and I’m aware that the excitement may overtake me making proper checks. Does anyone have a handover checklist to make sure everything is present and correct?
For instance, I’m aware the ocean doesn’t come with a 907 Gaz bottle (but we have one) but does it come with a gas regulator for the bottle or do I need to buy one?
Thanks in anticipation.

Picking up our new California Ocean tomorrow and I’m aware that the excitement may overtake me making proper checks. Does anyone have a handover checklist to make sure everything is present and correct?
For instance, I’m aware the ocean doesn’t come with a 907 Gaz bottle (but we have one) but does it come with a gas regulator for the bottle or do I need to buy one?
Thanks in anticipation.
There is a checklist but I think you need to be a paid up member to access the relevant folder. Well worth becoming a member for the savings in the club shop.
Yes, you should have a regulator in the gas compartment.

There is a checklist but I think you need to be a paid up member to access the relevant folder. Well worth becoming a member for the savings in the club shop.
Yes, you should have a regulator in the gas compartment.
Just subscribed

You’ll find the check list under the ‘resources’ folder. Hope it goes well.
This is a link to download a more recent spreadsheet by a member (not me) which may be useful:

I don't think you have to install Proton drive to download and read (though you need spreadsheet software of course) however I personally use Proton mail, VPN & drive without any issues.

You’ll find the check list under the ‘resources’ folder. Hope it goes well.
Just printed off the one for MY 20/21 so hopefully that’s still current for MY22. Thanks for your help :)

Just printed off the one for MY 20/21 so hopefully that’s still current for MY22. Thanks for your help :)
It’ll give you a good starting point in any case… let us know how it goes. And welcome to the forum!

It’ll give you a good starting point in any case… let us know how it goes. And welcome to the forum!
Thanks Alison. I've been on here a while as the Cali has been on order for just over 12 months and always found it useful and joined in a few threads but now I've paid my membership and I can now see all the other info opened up I think I might have to lose a few hours (or days) in here :D

This is a link to download a more recent spreadsheet by a member (not me) which may be useful:

I don't think you have to install Proton drive to download and read (though you need spreadsheet software of course) however I personally use Proton mail, VPN & drive without any issues.
I was going to ask if it was safe to open :)

Thanks in anticipation.
Exciting day tomorrow.
Ask the salesperson to run you through how the camping lights work, what the difference is between 'heat immediately' and 'heat continuously', and to please set your profile up on the infotainment system (you've never been any good with technology), and watch his/her eyes cross and mind boggle.
A photo of his/her furrowed brow would be much appreciated.
Whilst s/he works those out, you can work your way down the checklist....
Enjoy your day - congratulations!

Well we’ve had the new Cali for 9 days now and due to the Mother-in-Law being hospitalised on the day after we picked it up, I’ve only just almost finished commissioning it! No issues so far, lovely to drive although it does feel a little underpowered pulling away at junctions (went for the 150), but once going the auto box soon catches up and you have to judge your momentum and come off the gas earlier to avoid jumping on the brakes to slow down in traffic. One option I was really worried about was the electric sliding door, I kept reading how loud the warning beeper was, but it’s whisper quiet and can hardly be heard outside the van, and it’s probably the best option we’ve got on the van (until it stops working in a few years probably! ). All in all, very happy with it

One thing I have noticed is that when I ran a couple of washing up bowls of water through the tap and poured it down the sink and opened the waste drain valve nothing seemed to empty out onto the ground. I thought maybe it was because I was parked on a slight camber. Is it best to be driven and sloshed about a bit with the valve open to empty it? Or is it possibly blocked?

Back