Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Aberdeen - VW Van centre

I'm a bit limited really in dealers to visit, as although I live in Aberdeen, I work in Holland Mon-Fri.

But suppose much can be done by phone nowadays, just need to be clear on details, and check they have all the correct info.

Will likely just use Aberdeen to go view the van, test drive etc.

Leaning more towards the Cali based on folks comments, although I do like the looks of the Bilbos celex conversion, they are 550 miles from home, so not a great round trip if anything needs repaired, rectified or replaced.

It's just a shame VW don't let you customize the interior units etc, floor trim colour etc.

I'm a bit limited really in dealers to visit, as although I live in Aberdeen, I work in Holland Mon-Fri.

But suppose much can be done by phone nowadays, just need to be clear on details, and check they have all the correct info.

Leaning more towards the Cali based on folks comments, although I do like the looks of the Bilbos celex conversion, they are 550 miles from home, so not a great round trip if anything needs repaired, rectified or replaced.

It's just a shame VW don't let you customize the interior units etc, floor trim colour etc.
Don't rush into a decision when spending so much money. The dealer being a day trip away might not be the deciding factor for the right vehicle.
On the interior - I agree, yet there are other things you can do to personalise it in other ways as several forum members have pictures of in other areas (different coloured tops for the sink / cooker unit), 'transfers' on tables and external panels, leather seat covers retrofitted or simpler options of different coloured throws, cushions.
Depending on who you get at Clark Commercials at Dyce they may not be able to answer all your questions - but as you say, it's a good start for a test drive and they let me sit in one for 2 hours in the rain testing out different things. Come back to the forum for questions that the test drive brings up.
Good luck with the decision.

You can personalise the interior.

https://vwcaliforniaclub.com/threads/changing-the-wood-effect.5747/

Yes, just to confirm Tommy Gun's post - it is Clark Commercials in Aberdeen.
Hi Fleur,
We ordered from Clark Commercials Aberdeen in January stipulating a July delivery. We did have to chase for updates by email and the contact we were given didn't reply. We copied the salesperson on the emails and he replied no problem. We were getting worried that it would not come on time but it was ready for handover on 1 July so we were delighted in the end. I hope your van comes on time. It's worth the wait!

Hi everyone, we recently placed an order for an Ocean from the VW Aberdeen branch. They promised us regular updates (every two weeks) on the progress/status of the build. Since placing the order in March, we have received no phonecalls or emails from them. We have contacted them (three times) for updates and to request a price for a bike rack... still nothing. We called VW commercial UK, but they seem just as disinterested (one person who just kept putting the phone down claiming a poor phone signal). We are getting to the point where we are considering cancelling the order.

Has anyone else had a similar experience? Does anyone have any advice on how to get some action?
Hi, we used VW Edinburgh for our beach I'm sure it's the same dealership group as you've used in Aberdeen.

I found them great to deal with for the van. I did find that as with lots of other dealers mention on this forum that they too were kept in the dark from VW.

I got our bike rack/bumper protector/wind deflectors from SMG (VIP discount). Even with delivery it still worked out cheaper than our dealer.

We live five minutes away from them. Bought our new T6 in London...

London- easy, regular updates, professional service, could not have been more helpful. Had the demo van from them when ours was delayed, and eventually had our own van delivered at their cost. In all that time Aberdeen never so much as returned any of my calls.

In fact it's the same now as I recently used them for a urgent warranty fix, good service when I went there but not so much as a returned call to tell me it was ready on a one day repair or a follow up call on a promised issue they would look into. Tired out leaving messages to never be returned.

Edinburgh will be my go to for all servicing...

Hi I bought 2014 demo from VW Clarks Edinburgh and experience was good, picked me up from station, fitted all accessories I wanted etc

Had servicing and Warranty work done at VW Clarks Dyce Aberdeen and so far been good (in 3 times since late 2014) although Sat Nav has broken again (think maybe aerial) so they'll need to take a shot at it again ...

If you're having issues complain to the customer care dept of parent group (John Clark Motor Group) ...

Hi everyone, we recently placed an order for an Ocean from the VW Aberdeen branch. They promised us regular updates (every two weeks) on the progress/status of the build. Since placing the order in March, we have received no phonecalls or emails from them. We have contacted them (three times) for updates and to request a price for a bike rack... still nothing. We called VW commercial UK, but they seem just as disinterested (one person who just kept putting the phone down claiming a poor phone signal). We are getting to the point where we are considering cancelling the order.

Has anyone else had a similar experience? Does anyone have any advice on how to get some action?
Order Bike rack from http://www.banwy.co.uk/product/t6-p...ine-vw-t6-transporter-caravelle-california-in Arrived in 3 days of order ÂŁ496 including delivery...

As a follow up to this one - positive experience with Aberdeen on a warranty recall that the dealer picked up on recently (Passenger air bag) Picked up and delivered the van all as planned (very nice of them...), diligently sorted a number of smallish warranty items for us - great service. Trying to get a returned call to discuss what was done and it took almost a week of daily calls and a slight loss of sense of humour on my part in the end before I could get anybody on the other end of the line.

Great service, very much lacking in any communication would pretty much sum it up in my experience - both Sales & Service

Similar experience here - I sent an email before my trip abroad to ask for a couple of things (window deflectors, head light adjustment...) but not even so much as a sniff of a reply...
Edinburgh next time for me I'm afraid.

Original Review from @Looby

Dundee van centre is part of the John Clark commercials group which includes Edinburgh and Aberdeen. It is based in the same premises as the Skoda cars so has a more customer friendly environment than the offsite service centre at Edinburgh. It doesn't have California's but as it's nearer, I have used it twice for van only issues - a broken light bulb and the recent auxiliary belt recall. Very efficient and pleasant staff who were happy to arrange a lift into the city centre then collect me when the van was ready. There is a hot drinks machine and small seating area. Paperwork was fully explained and the van would have been washed and vacuumed if I hadn't asked them not to. Would definitely recommend them for van related issues.

Dundee van centre is part of the John Clark commercials group which includes Edinburgh and Aberdeen.

I have ordered my new 2023 Beach from Clarks in Aberdeen and was looking through the posts on them as a dealer. My experience has been positive so far and I hope the pick up goes smoothly as well.

I have used Clarks Dundee for the past eight years for servicing my 2015 T5 Caravelle. Only positive things to say about the staff and state of the van when returned to me. I have never had an issue with the Caravellle so it has only been routine by the book work.

My new order comes with 3 years servicing and first MOT and I will be taking it to Dundee for that.

Back