Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

About to export to Australia!

Ken M

Ken M

Vehicle
T5 SE 180 4Motion
Good evening,

I am about to export my Cali from the UK to Australia and am trying to appease the wife that this is a sensible idea. We have had our T5 SE since Aug last year and it has served us well touring around the UK and Europe. The only problem that we have experienced was faulty roof sensors which took a number of trips to the dealer to sort, but other wise no issues. There is a small amount of rust appearing on the panel above the windscreen, but there appears to be no corrosion on the roof as yet. VW Transporters are sold in Australia so I am not concerned about the drive system. However, as Calis are not sold in Australia dealer support and knowledge is zero so if anything goes wrong with the habitation unit then it will be up to me to sort. Reading through the forum makes me fairly confident that the collective wisdom can identify workable solutions to most problems, however, it also highlights that there are a lot of problems that could appear.

So, is there anything that I should be looking at doing to the Cali or purchasing before I depart? I was thinking about a Carista dongle, but are there better options that would provide a broader range of fault finding functions?

Personally I would always suggest VCDS or vag-com as it was known it has a full range of diagnostics capabilities and can actually be better and more use than the dealer systems

I can imagine the Cali being a great thing to have
in OZ.
Maybe try and get a spare control unit ?
The roof hydraulic jacks can be refurbished with any hydraulic
company.
Good luck.