ABS wheel sensor failed

jqp

jqp

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150 4Motion
I'm almost sure an ABS wheel sensor has failed. ABS, tyre pressure warning and traction control lights illuminating. Info display also reports front assist not working. Start/stop not working.
After 7 years and 50,000 miles this is to be expected. I have 2 questions for which I would welcome advice/opinions.

1. I have a 2-year all-in service plan. Can I expect the warranty to cover the repair cost?

2. Currently in France, not due home for several days. Am I wise to consider this non-urgent?

I'm almost sure an ABS wheel sensor has failed. ABS, tyre pressure warning and traction control lights illuminating. Info display also reports front assist not working. Start/stop not working.
After 7 years and 50,000 miles this is to be expected. I have 2 questions for which I would welcome advice/opinions.

1. I have a 2-year all-in service plan. Can I expect the warranty to cover the repair cost?

2. Currently in France, not due home for several days. Am I wise to consider this non-urgent?
Ours also went while in France.
yes, it’s non-urgent, just be mindful you will have no abs braking, the loss of automatic cruise control while in France is the biggest PITA.
Ours goes off and comes back on intermittently and has done for the last 3 weeks.

Ours also went while in France.
yes, it’s non-urgent, just be mindful you will have no abs braking, the loss of automatic cruise control while in France is the biggest PITA.
Ours goes off and comes back on intermittently and has done for the last 3 weeks.
Many thanks for swift response. Dont have ACC so good. No ABS not a problem either. Before the Cali, I had a T25 Westy. No ABS, very tail heavy! I drove it for 30 years and 180,000 miles. I still react to emergencies with cadence braking.

Just ending the story. My cheap OBD reader showed no output from O/S rear wheel speed sensor. Dealer has now replaced that sensor - all good. Cost covered by all-in plan warranty. Plan has now paid for itself!

Have the same problem on our T6 waiting to we get home .the dashboard lights are on and off more off at the moment. Could it be a dirty sensor ?

ABS works on magnetic flux (hall effect transducer), unless your muck has iron fillings in it, dirt should not affect it's operation

Don't know, I was a second class California owner, the beach mandraulic roof never leaked or failed.
I would have thought the roof sensors given their switching frequency would have been magnetic reed switches, hall effects work a lot faster so switch on and off a lot more times in a short time period creating a pulse train rather than on and off once for a roof raising operation

Back