Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Absolute idiot - hit and run

If you chose a proper respray etc the two tone will surely complicate things. Really hope it pops out instead.

When you eventually get it fixed I would get a dash cam in the back window. They are designed for just this sort of thing happening and finding out who the culprit actually was. I know this doesn’t help now but for peace of mind in the future.

You might try Dent Technique which do paintless dent removal in the Midlands and the North, HQ based bear Leicester. I was advised by a large body shop to try them for dent removal with no paint loss

What a bonus. LV official list has VW Coventry on the list. So £150 XS and a brand new tailgate and handle being ordered. Quote is over £3k for the work. I’m over the moon. Still keep the 12 year VW anti-perforation warranty. And the 5 year extended manufacturers warranty on all parts. If I’d have wanted another garage of my choice to do the work, there would have been another £200 to pay. (£350 all in)
The bumper just needs a nib and a spray.
At least it’s all done by VW and stays legit.
Merry Christmas !

What a bonus. LV official list has VW Coventry on the list. So £150 XS and a brand new tailgate and handle being ordered. Quote is over £3k for the work. I’m over the moon. Still keep the 12 year VW anti-perforation warranty. And the 5 year extended manufacturers warranty on all parts. If I’d have wanted another garage of my choice to do the work, there would have been another £200 to pay. (£350 all in)
The bumper just needs a nib and a spray.
At least it’s all done by VW and stays legit.
Merry Christmas !
You may want to see if you can keep the rear tailgate glass as you could sell that on to recoup some of that £150 :thumb

You may want to see if you can keep the rear tailgate glass as you could sell that on to recoup some of that £150 :thumb
That is very interesting @4x4 joker
I’ll ask if I can keep the whole tailgate and maybe someone would like to purchase?
Or are LV the official owners of the damaged tailgate after it’s removed ?

I would be surprised if they don't use the glass in the new tailgate

I would be surprised if they don't use the glass in the new tailgate
That’s what I was thinking, and all the bits n bobs. £850 for tailgate and £1550 labor.
Maybe 12 hours labor?
Plus £600 VAT
Maybe the tailgate will come painted ?

That’s what I was thinking, and all the bits n bobs. £850 for tailgate and £1550 labor.
Maybe 12 hours labor?
Plus £600 VAT
Maybe the tailgate will come painted ?
Everything will be transferred across if it is usable and undamaged, so check carefully on pick up.
The Tailgate would come primed to be sprayed and matched to your vehicle I would have thought.
Check that the lock function and wiper work properly and chairs are undamaged.

Everything will be transferred across if it is usable and undamaged, so check carefully on pick up.
The Tailgate would come primed to be sprayed and matched to your vehicle I would have thought.
Check that the lock function and wiper work properly and chairs are undamaged.
I think I’ll just remove the chairs and leave in the house. Yes @WelshGas I’ll be taking lots of before photos so I have a before record. Thank you :cheers

In the olden days that would have been a repair and not a complete replacement. I did a 5 year apprenticeship in motor body repair. Nowadays nothing is repaired...First thing I would do when I got it back would be to fit dashcams front and back. I have them fitted and back..Better safe than sorry I suppose.

Back