Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Accessories for the Ocean, Coast and Grand California from Yes Campervan

If you have previously purchased our sink cover or wardrobe shelves please can you take a moment to write a review here? We are a new business and your reviews help us improve and help others decide. I am sure Scoobz1 above would also appreciate your review. Many thanks. :)
The shelves are very useful for keeping the wardrobe organised. We keep various containers on them for toiletries, first aid kit, etc, so they are easily to hand.
4 x Craghoppers packing cubes stack in the wardrobe on the safe box and are still below the level of the lower shelf and some Craghoppers dry bags normally sit above them. We still have the option to hang clothes if need be.

CD7BDE5F-9BD0-43AF-B71C-80EFC666E363.jpeg

We fitted the shelves a couple of months ago and are finding them really useful.
These 24x17 IKEA boxes fit very well on the shelves and have added to their usefulness for smaller things.
View attachment 83880
Thanks Lambeth Cali :)

The shelves are very useful for keeping the wardrobe organised. We keep various containers on them for toiletries, first aid kit, etc, so they are easily to hand.
4 x Craghoppers packing cubes stack in the wardrobe on the safe box and are still below the level of the lower shelf and some Craghoppers dry bags normally sit above them. We still have the option to hang clothes if need be.

View attachment 83884
Thanks GrumpyGrandad for the review. I like your name, my father owns a campsite in Pembrokeshire (https://cilrathwoodcamping.co.uk/) and markets himself as the 'Grumpy farmer', he is not that grumpy at all but by setting the expectation low when guests meet him they are positively surprised and call him the 'friendly farmer'.

If you have previously purchased our sink cover or wardrobe shelves please can you take a moment to write a review here? We are a new business and your reviews help us improve and help others decide. I am sure Scoobz1 above would also appreciate your review. Many thanks. :)
Thanks so much those, who are engaged in the production of this wonderful shelf!
Now all my numerous boxes, cosmetic bags and other necessary little things are always in their place and in perfect order!
And not only trifles - the space from below, that is, the zero level is adjustable in height and a set of four sleeping bags can be easily placed there.
The quality of the materials from which the shelf is made is so cool, you can just touch it and already enjoy it )))
Barrier elastic bands limit the movement of items on the shelves - this is a super idea!!
The installation of the shelf was also incredibly surprising. Absolutely everyone can cope with it (at least even I'm a woman who has never held a hammer in her hands))))
And also, a pleasant surprise was that despite the stability and reliability of the final design, the guides are fastened without drilling holes.
It's great that there are people who are so in love with their work. Everyone can feel it. Thank you so much!

IMG_0772.jpg

Thanks so much those, who are engaged in the production of this wonderful shelf!
Now all my numerous boxes, cosmetic bags and other necessary little things are always in their place and in perfect order!
And not only trifles - the space from below, that is, the zero level is adjustable in height and a set of four sleeping bags can be easily placed there.
The quality of the materials from which the shelf is made is so cool, you can just touch it and already enjoy it )))
Barrier elastic bands limit the movement of items on the shelves - this is a super idea!!
The installation of the shelf was also incredibly surprising. Absolutely everyone can cope with it (at least even I'm a woman who has never held a hammer in her hands))))
And also, a pleasant surprise was that despite the stability and reliability of the final design, the guides are fastened without drilling holes.
It's great that there are people who are so in love with their work. Everyone can feel it. Thank you so much!

View attachment 84729
Hi RusEst, Thank you so much for the detailed and kind review. It is always great to receive positive feedback but your review is possibly my favourite so far! :)

I bought the aluminium sink cover months ago.
I can confirm that it is a perfect fit over the sink and doesn't scratch our sink surround at all. It doesn't rattle either which I have to admit was a big concern for me.
It's great as an extra piece of work top especially sitting the hot kettle on.

I can confirm that it is a perfect fit over the sink and doesn't scratch our sink surround at all. It doesn't rattle either which I have to admit was a big concern for me.
Thank you Trudi, I am glad you like it :)

Just wanted to add to the reviews here, we just bought the large two shelf version and they’re great - really easy to fit with no need to drill anywhere, straightforward instructions and a really nice finish. We use the wardrobe for our clothes, all in packing cubes of different sizes and I was concerned about two things beforehand - would the smaller cubes fit on the shelves (they do, very well) and would it still be easy to grab the bigger cubes from the bottom of the wardrobe, even with the bench upright (it is). And it looks like we can still use the bottom of the wardrobe for the odd bottle of wine, perfect.

Cant you just leave the glass sink cover down though, on the split 6.1 covers, to do the same job?

Cant you just leave the glass sink cover down though, on the split 6.1 covers, to do the same job?
Yes. Mines a t6.1 with the split glass and you can leave the aluminium shelf under the glass.

Sorry just read your question again. No. The glass isn't heat resistant so if I want to put a hot pan down I would have a problem. I can now put it onto the aluminium so adding to my work top space

We fitted the shelves a couple of months ago and are finding them really useful.
These 24x17 IKEA boxes fit very well on the shelves and have added to their usefulness for smaller things.
View attachment 83880
Hi Lambeth Cali, any chance you can post a couple of photos of them in situ.
Thanks

Just wanted to add to the reviews here, we just bought the large two shelf version and they’re great - really easy to fit with no need to drill anywhere, straightforward instructions and a really nice finish. We use the wardrobe for our clothes, all in packing cubes of different sizes and I was concerned about two things beforehand - would the smaller cubes fit on the shelves (they do, very well) and would it still be easy to grab the bigger cubes from the bottom of the wardrobe, even with the bench upright (it is). And it looks like we can still use the bottom of the wardrobe for the odd bottle of wine, perfect.
Thank you for taking the time to leave us feedback, I am glad you like them :)

Good morning Tracey, and thank you for your interest. The small shelves are probably the best option for you, these are specifically designed for people who want a bit of both worlds, the shelves take up the back half of the wardrobe and leave the front half free for hanging clothes. Try this link https://www.yescampervan.co.uk/product/small-wardrobe-shelves-for-the-vw-california-se-ocean-coast/7?cp=true&sa=true&sbp=false&q=false

As a point of interest we did have one customer last year (before we launched the small shelf option) who sent back a photo of the large shelves that they had installed and then they moved the hanging rail forward a few inches and were hanging clothes in the small void in front of the large shelves, however I doubt many people want to make this modification to their California.

All the shelves can easily be lifted in and out as you need them, although this is mostly so you could put something taller on a shelf or temporarily re gain the large void that is the empty wardrobe.

I hope that helps.
Love my new shelves and sink cover. Thanks

Just adding my thoughts…….. have bought both the shelves and sink cover and really pleased with both the ease of fitting and quality. Both are in constant use and enjoying playing with what works best to store on the shelves. It has really made the wardrobe space far more effective.

Just adding my thoughts…….. have bought both the shelves and sink cover and really pleased with both the ease of fitting and quality. Both are in constant use and enjoying playing with what works best to store on the shelves. It has really made the wardrobe space far more effective.
Thanks for your review, I am glad you like them.

Thank you everyone for the kind reviews. We just wanted to let you know that T6.1 shelves are back in stock and we have recently introduced next day delivery!

Thank you everyone for the kind reviews. We just wanted to let you know that T6.1 shelves are back in stock and we have recently introduced next day delivery!
Thanks
Could you post a link?

I bought the sink shelf. Unfortunately can’t leave it in situ when driving as I find it rattles around and drives us mad.
Unfortunately, it now sits in the passenger chair pocket…

I bought the sink shelf. Unfortunately can’t leave it in situ when driving as I find it rattles around and drives us mad.
Mine doesn't rattle at all. I push it as far to the right as it will go and get no noise at all

@soulstyledevon , does your sink have the rubber piping on the sides or is that missing or damaged? The lid sits on that rubber strip and so does not rattle (see pic/arrows).

1641058469441.png

On my T6, the lid would not close properly (but then it is a custom lid for me), so had to put a small notch with a dremel for the lock and now all is well.

1641058548720.png

I will take another look, thanks.
I did wonder about some clear tape around the edges to see if that would help.

I will take another look, thanks.
I did wonder about some clear tape around the edges to see if that would help.
Good morning SoulStyleDevon. I am very sorry to hear that you find your sink cover rattles. This is not usually a problem, it could be that you have the wrong option for your van version, if you send me a photo of your sink cover and sink I can confirm if you have the correct option. You could try placing a sponge or a folded tea towel between the sink cover and glass lid, that way it should have black rubber underneath it and fabric above it and there should really be no chance of it moving. If you decide it is not working for you then you can also return it for a full refund. Once again I am very sorry that you found this rattles, we want all our customers to be fully satisfied and there should be no need for you to apply tape to it. If you have any questions, want to send the photo, or if there is any other way I can help please contact me on joe@yescampervan.co.uk

Back