Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Accessories Shop for Cali’s in Ireland

AnnePatByrne65

AnnePatByrne65

Vehicle
T6.1 Coast 199
Dear Cali Owners of Ireland,
Are there any good Cali accessory shops in Ireland - NI or RoI?

I am thinking of things like rear-tents, dry-loos, shelving, second skin seat covers, pull-out boot drawers?

Yours Paul

Hello Paul,

I would love to know as well.

For our T6 California we got all accessories from UK and after Brexit from Germany. I could not find anything in Ireland.

The same is for the Grand California. The smaller table, the Brandrup seat covers etc. all came from abroad.

So I will watch this as well to see if somebody found a shop that can be visited.

Kind regards,]
Eberhard

Hello Paul,

For our T6 California we got all accessories from UK and after Brexit from Germany. I could not find anything in Ireland.

The same is for the Grand California. The smaller table, the Brandrup seat covers etc. all came from abroad.

So I will watch this as well to see if somebody found a shop that can be visited.

Kind regards,]
Eberhard
Dear Eberhard,
Thanks for your reply. Am I correct in thinking that if I order accessories from Britain, I will be charged custom’s duty and/or VAT?
You mention that you shopped Germany - is there a shop you could recommend? I have been looking at https://vwcampershop.nl which I think is near Amsterdam. However, I am finding it hard to understand as the website appears to be solely in Dutch,
Yours Paul

Dear Eberhard,
Thanks for your reply. Am I correct in thinking that if I order accessories from Britain, I will be charged custom’s duty and/or VAT?
You mention that you shopped Germany - is there a shop you could recommend? I have been looking at https://vwcampershop.nl which I think is near Amsterdam. However, I am finding it hard to understand as the website appears to be solely in Dutch,
Yours Paul

Hello Paul,

Yes, you are correct if we order items in UK Vat and God knows what else will be added to the price. It is a pity because before Brexit we bought most of our stuff from the forums store.

Can I recommend a shop, not really because we bought from various places that offered what we were looking for to a price we were able to afford. Online shops in Germany are easy for me (well, I am German) but normally if I open a web page in Dutch of French Chrome asks if I want to get the English translation. Works quite well.

Regards,
Eberhard

Hello Paul,

Yes, you are correct if we order items in UK Vat and God knows what else will be added to the price. It is a pity because before Brexit we bought most of our stuff from the forums store.

Can I recommend a shop, not really because we bought from various places that offered what we were looking for to a price we were able to afford. Online shops in Germany are easy for me (well, I am German) but normally if I open a web page in Dutch of French Chrome asks if I want to get the English translation. Works quite well.

Regards,
Eberhard
Dear Eberhard,
Thanks for that tip - will explore!
Yours in Camperland,
Paul

Yeah, nothing really in Ireland that is California specific, it is a right pain as the UK seems to be full of sites as there is a much better California fanbase over there, but Brexit has impacted their sales to Ireland.
I have bought stuff from https://www.california-camping.de/en-gb/T5-T6-1-California-Comfortline-&-Ocean-Coast-c82914496 it is in Germany, but seems to offer most of the things you are looking for.
Dear IrelandCali,
Many thanks for this link - will check it out,
Yours, Paul

You could always buy in the UK and have the item delivered to a Northern Ireland address and pick up from there.

Ukatex in Germany is great for seat covers. They are very high standard and sent from Germany so no customs problems.

Good afternoon,

Now at the desktop computer it is easier to look up information (I am not a fan of mobiles or tablets for research). Here are the shops / companies I bought things for the T6 Ocean and the Grand California.

Apona Surf (www.apona-surf.de)
Seat covers for the T6

CaliCap (www. calicap.de)
Rear drawer for the T6

Campervanbits (www.campervanbits.com)
Tent for the awning
Cables
Small parts for the T6 (e.g. rubber feet for the cooker)

Calitop (www.calitop.de)
Cabinet extension for T6

Felleisen (www.felleisen.com)
Bags for the windows T6
Shelf inside for the T6
Small parts (e.g. holder for paper towels)

Vitronix (www.vitronix.ie)
Not a shop as such, but an installer of Pandora car (camper) alarms. Very good service, very patient easy to deal people. I can recommend them.

Universal Graphics (www.ugranding.com)
Not a shop as such, but looked after the wrapping of our camper. They were the only company (out of 5) who actually got back to us and worked with us to design the wrapping. Very good service, very patient easy to deal people. I can recommend them.

Tyreleader (www.tyreleader.ie)
Bought the new Michelin Agils CrossClimate for the Grand California

Campercentrum Nederland (www.campercentrumnederland.nl)
Brandrup seat covers (front).

All orders with those companies worked well, communication was good / ok as well as the prices (at the time).

Regards,
Eberhard

Ukatex in Germany is great for seat covers. They are very high standard and sent from Germany so no customs problems.
Dear BrianS,
Thanks for the Ukatex link - Fine range of colours and fabrics,
Yours Paul

Good afternoon,

Now at the desktop computer it is easier to look up information (I am not a fan of mobiles or tablets for research). Here are the shops / companies I bought things for the T6 Ocean and the Grand California.

Seat covers for the T6

Rear drawer for the T6

Tent for the awning
Cables

Calitop (www.calitop.de)
Cabinet extension for T6

Bags for the windows T6
Shelf inside for the T6

Not a shop as such, but an installer of Pandora car (camper) alarms. Very good service, very patient easy to deal people. I can recommend them.

Not a shop as such, but looked after the wrapping of our camper. They were the only company (out of 5) who actually got back to us and worked with us to design the wrapping. Very good service, very patient easy to deal people. I can recommend them.

All orders with those companies worked well, communication was good / ok as well as the prices (at the time).

Regards,
Eberhard
Dear Eberhard,
Many thanks for the list - most comprehensive! It will keep me busy for a few days,
Yours Paul

Hello,

Maybe somebody has a good idea... I am looking for a 19" to 22" 12 V TV (not smart). I would like to get an Avtex, they might be good, but too expensive.

I would like to go to a shop to have a look before I buy. I spend a good bit of time trying to find a shop in the greater Dublin area which offer TVs for campers, trucks or boats, but have not found anything.

If you know a shop around Dublin maybe you could let me know.

Thank you
Eberhard

Good afternoon,

Seat covers for the T6

Rear drawer for the T6

Tent for the awning
Cables

Calitop (www.calitop.de)
Cabinet extension for T6

Bags for the windows T6
Shelf inside for the T6

Regards,
Eberhard
Great List Eberhard. thanks for sharing

Aldi have some perfect non slip little carpets at the moment for 7.99.
Just got one for the van to try it. Fits perfectly lengthways when bench seat is fully back and doesn't slide all over the place. Colour is also similar to the floor. Pic to follow.

Hi

I have bought from fritz-berger.de and have found them good. Have also bought from Amazon.de.

When they wont deliver to Ireland I have used mailboxde.com. It does add a bit to the delivery cost but is quick and efficient

Happy shopping!!

John

Hello Paul,

Kind regards,]
Eberhard
Hi Eberhard
We recently bought a Grand California in Dublin and just getting accustomed to it … we previously had a 7.5m long Motorhome which was very comfortable but just too big. We love the cali size & build… but the table is just too big for 2 people … you mention you got a smaller table … could you tell me where you purchased it please. Thank you
Joan

Hello @ShevaunOntheroadagain,

I checked the invoices for my camper and emails, but at the moment I can't find anything. The only thing I know is that we didn't buy it from the UK to avoid customs duty.

Later I will check with my wife if she can remember from where we got the table.

Regards,
Eberhard

Hello @ShevaunOntheroadagain,

I checked the invoices for my camper and emails, but at the moment I can't find anything. The only thing I know is that we didn't buy it from the UK to avoid customs duty.

Later I will check with my wife if she can remember from where we got the table.

Regards,
Eberhard
Thank you very much. Would really appreciate that
Regards
Shevaun

@ShevaunOntheroadagain you can get a smaller table from Calicap in Germany

@ShevaunOntheroadagain you can get a smaller table from Calicap in Germany

Thank you Mr T. I have checked out the site using Google translate .. trying to figure out how to assemble it!!