Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Activities. What do you all do?

Tattooz

Tattooz

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 Cali on order
Reading a few of the other posts it seems a fair few of you are in to surfing and mountain biking but what other activities do you all enjoy?
I'll start off with what I do. I do a lot of scuba diving and Freediving I also like to MTB but don't get out as often as I should and at least 4 times a week I go to the gym.
So what do you do?

Hi
we are keen golfers , we play locally but also travel to several tournaments yearly , and we are Scout leaders which takes up most/all of our spare time.Life long Norwich City Football supporters all home games plus a few away games.Finally we love live music / festivals etc , seeing Kaiser Chiefs in Norwich tomorrow night cant wait !!

so the cali will fit nicely into our everyday life

dave

We're Geocachers - http://www.geocaching.com - it's a hi tech treasure hunt.

I'm into cycling (both road and mountain biking), surfing, open water swimming (I'll be doing two of the British Gas Great Swim's this year), snowboarding and a bit of golf.
Helena likes to run.

We are also into Geocaching ( very recently got into it, makes taking the dog for a walk much more fun) plus do quite a bit of kayaking both sea and on lakes.

Does doing very little count!! We enjoy rugby and real ale; live music; meeting folks; visiting places we haven't been to and returning to those we like. We used to br season ticket holders at Worcester Warriors but let that go when we stopped enjoying the match day experience. We do miss live rugby though. One of our (my) plans is to follow the Heineken Cup from start to Final giving us the opportunity to visit Italy; France; maybe Spain; Ireland and the UK. Not averse to watching local rugby whatever the level...brings back so many good (and bad) memories.
Festivaling in May, June, July and August. Also looking at a beer festival or two.

On top of that we have a static caravan on a site south of Monmouth which is pretty relaxing.

Road and mountain biking. We have Bromptons as well.Archery, so the van is great for archery comps. Woodworking, went to Arbortarium show in Gloucestershire last summer, will go again this year, Wood show at Harrogate, visiting places and seeing things. Must retire from teaching!

I've just taken up running, climbing (indoor) and kayaking, the last two with the kids. Got an inflatable kayak for Christmas and looking forwards to taking it out and about.

But my main hobby is hillwalking, where I'll have climbed all 283 of Scotland's munros next year (after 16 years!). It's a great way to explore your own back yard. The van's great for wild camping (Glen Etive, Arisaig etc) but for me, true wild camping is even better - ie preferably at 2,500ft enjoying the view and miles from anyone and anywhere.

Apart from surfing, MTBing and trail running (compete a bit in 10K races too), I do one or two triathlons a year (mostly with my road bike which doesn't get used much!) , a fair bit of boating/water skiing/wakeboarding in our little Salcombe Flyer 440 (with a Merc 2 stroke 60 so it's rapid!), a little bit of kayaking on our Dagger Blackwater, camping, hiking, bit of mountain climbing, skiing; but not for a while, open water swimming (hate swimming in pools!), enjoy a nice meal out, appreciate fine wine and errmmm that's probably most of it. Also spend a wee bit too much time keeping the BM and Cali clean and shiny!

In the warmer months, a lot of time is spent keeping our garden under control - five acres, much of it rapidly growing brambles, mean it's full on petrol machine stuff - very little "fine" gardening! Mowing the lawn is actually quite a workout (it's too steep for a ride on so had to get a large push/pull along!) and tidying the edges means a commercial grade brush cutter. An hour or two of that and I'm utterly spent! Also have to keep a few apple trees in check

Two kids aged 1 and 3 keep us busy - get as much enjoyment keeping them entertained as I do running/cycling/whatever.

Sorry to have to say this guys and girls I don't do anything. :boohoo :boohoo exciting. I just play football,walk,ferry the kids about,and camp. :lol:

Calikev said:
Sorry to have to say this guys and girls I don't do anything. :boohoo :boohoo exciting. I just play football,walk,ferry the kids about,and camp. :lol:

Calikev -camping is soooo exciting! (counting in days not months til ours now, then I'm off like a shot!)

I hunt photos and drink landscapes, bit of bouldering and wild swimming, ambling and day dreaming. Crafting things and cycling.

I am a Geocacher too. I am thinking of having a go at paddle boarding this year. Not tried it yet, but I was intrigued last summer watching a couple of them at the Sword Beach coast in Normandy.
Hey ho. Maybe I will be like this :surrender come the autumn! :D

Hi Guys, my activities are Karate, Gym, occasional mountain Biking, as I live in the Forest of Dean this should be more than just occasional! :grin:

As I seem to be spending an awful lot of time renovating the downstairs shower room at the moment I should also add this to the list, but I'll be glad to finish it and get back to the other things listed above :D

Come the spring add gardening to the list, as I have quite a large patch to look after.

Cheers Barry

I spend most of my time at work.. :cry: but I keep trying to improve the balance... :D

We like to travel under our own steam and love the countryside. We like nothing better than a weekend away in the Cali - even if somewhere very local to home. We can happily spend a rainy weekend in the van drinking wine, reading books, playing board games. Although would rather be out in the fresh air - walking and discovering new views. Nothing too strenuous of course...

Most trips involve taking photos of something - some trips revolve around this, on others it is secondary. Sadly it took until my late 30's to realise that I would have liked to have been a pro-photographer! I occasionally get paid for my work now but it is and will likely ever remain a hobby.

I've had more than a passing interest in things that go fast and/or make lots of noise. These days, I tend to not want to go so fast (but am occasionally drawn back to it..) but I do tend to like to watch the very occasional fast/noisy thing.

One fast thing I've been lucky enough to have some involvement with which may be of interest to some is the Bloodhound Land speed record attempt - although time hasn't allowed me to have much involvement of late - they're always looking for sponsors and/or ambassadors to help with awareness etc! Richard Noble, Andy Green, Daniel Jubb etc are truly inspirational characters. Whilst trying to encourage the interest of sponsors or technology partners, I've listed the statistics so many times that they seem normal to me now but anything that does 0-1000 mph in 42 seconds and uses an 800 hp engine to drive the fuel pump for a one off hybrid rocket (and all this once the Eurofighter EJ200 jet engine has run out of steam) has got to kindle some sort of interest...

http://www.bloodhoundssc.com/

Another interesting project that I'm watching with great interest (but from an even greater distance!) is Felix Baumgartner (you probably don't know the name but have almost certainly seen some video of this guy...) and his Redbull funded freefall attempt from 120,000 feet. After some legal difficulties, I believe the jump is due to occur in August this year. All being well, this will bring a number of world records - and Felix will be the first guy to break the speed of sound in freefall with his own body... incredible.

http://www.redbullstratos.com/

Back