Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Adding colour to Indium Grey?

WobblyWellers

WobblyWellers

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204
It wasn’t our first choice of colour but the rest of the deal was right, so thought we might try and add a bit of colour After purchase. Looked at a top half wrap in Ivory, but that’s coming in at about £2200, so wondering if any one has added any colour decals, strips, grill inserts etc just to add a bit of brightness to it? Love to see any pics.

I’d go for the wrap if you can afford it. It’ll transform the look of your Cali and the 2 tone ones look fantastic ( I am biased by the way……)

Agree with you these vans can look a bit boring particularly with the standard colour options VW offered.

I have done some subtle mods to introduce a theme & pick out some of the existing detail to tie in the Black standard detail & added some colour to give a lift, whilst still maintaining the ability to revert to standard in the future If I want.
I went for an Black and blue theme, but you are only limited by your imagination as far a colour splashes Etc.

mods include
external:
B pillar black out
Side decals “California “ available in any colour
Lower bumper streamer available in various colour but can be sprayed or wrapped
Front badge
Rear badge
Various Festival stickers to windows and wind out awning
Chrome Grille streamers
Unique / Bespoke Grille Badge.

other easy mods include changing door mirror caps to coloured etc which can further enhance a subtle colour scheme.

internal:
trim strip to Dash decor strips (push fit) available in various colours
Leather seats (detail stitched with colour thread & pin punched to give contrast )
Side & front step mats bound with coloured edging
Door table Veneer / protective Decal (massive selection of colours, pictures and designs available via Pixers)
VW logo cushions

FF058901-EFE4-4C6A-9342-EAF1D32BAD44.jpeg

F1D0654B-D668-41D0-99B1-2385B739FA43.jpeg

2C63B7CF-2DA5-4A5D-BA03-75333FC6E668.jpeg

1FE9F3C7-042A-4078-A562-58021B713441.jpeg

E49DE648-FCF6-4B6F-9FEC-417D9C051F8E.jpeg

I also think Indium Grey is, well a bit common and boring. So I'm thinking about adding a vinyl strip along the waist line crease in blue or silver. If blue, could paint the brake calipers to match and add blue grill trim like Perfectos. What worries me is no one seems to done this, what seems and obvious thing to do. A bit boy racerish?
Need to find someone to do a photoshop of it. Any offers?

Seems like a perfect candidate for an urban camo look
Pixeltarn-1080x675.png

I also think Indium Grey is, well a bit common and boring. So I'm thinking about adding a vinyl strip along the waist line crease in blue or silver. If blue, could paint the brake calipers to match and add blue grill trim like Perfectos. What worries me is no one seems to done this, what seems and obvious thing to do. A bit boy racerish?
I was thinking similar and tying in with a capiler paint, but also had the same thought about a bit boy racerish.

Just for you

62C485F7-19C0-4D7D-AFEB-50A7E07873B6.jpeg

B0361ADF-B777-4864-94B3-E3D77BCD1FF4.jpeg

7E00BF0B-0217-4DF7-B29E-F2BB42392B13.jpeg

E4ACD896-2495-4BBE-9E64-73DC3E818DAA.jpeg

@Perfectos is one of these yours? Any suggestion on best place to get the grill inserts, side decals. Sorry, but as newbie still trying to find out which of the myriad of online suppliers is best.
They are both Transporter conversions. For stickers go to Fleabay, unless you opt for factory ones then VW is best source.

It wasn’t our first choice of colour but the rest of the deal was right, so thought we might try and add a bit of colour After purchase. Looked at a top half wrap in Ivory, but that’s coming in at about £2200, so wondering if any one has added any colour decals, strips, grill inserts etc just to add a bit of brightness to it? Love to see any pics.

If you were me you would two tone and blow the expense. I’m not sure whether it would be better to bite the bullet and go for a respray rather than a wrap though. Do it properly, so to speak.

Last edited:
Agree with you these vans can look a bit boring particularly with the standard colour options VW offered.

I have done some subtle mods to introduce a theme & pick out some of the existing detail to tie in the Black standard detail & added some colour to give a lift, whilst still maintaining the ability to revert to standard in the future If I want.
I went for an Black and blue theme, but you are only limited by your imagination as far a colour splashes Etc.

mods include
external:
B pillar black out
Front badge
Rear badge
Chrome Grille streamers

other easy mods include changing door mirror caps to coloured etc which can further enhance a subtle colour scheme.

internal:
Leather seats (detail stitched with colour thread & pin punched to give contrast )
Door table Veneer / protective Decal (massive selection of colours, pictures and designs available via Pixers)
VW logo cushions

View attachment 107634

View attachment 107635

View attachment 107636

View attachment 107637

View attachment 107638
Love the table vinyl ! Where did you source that please?

Love the table vinyl ! Where did you source that please?
Pixers

table veneer is what the material is, good luck in deciding there is a humongous choice

edit size ordered for the door table was 90 x 52cm, (trim to size after fitting)

Last edited:
@Perfectos is one of these yours? Any suggestion on best place to get the grill inserts, side decals. Sorry, but as newbie still trying to find out which of the myriad of online suppliers is best.
the coloured Brakes are on my list to do, but none of the vans In My earlier post are mine

Coloured Grill insert there are many suppliers, mine were from Vanstyle
Various will come up with a Google search , go for the OEM type which replace the original not the stick on type

the side decals were from Germany - supplier on Ebay, then go to their website and order direct - I’ll see if I can find the details & update here
go for the 7 year Vinyl not the cheap stuff

edit this is the supplier In Germany I think

Front badge insert Vanstyle

Dash insert
edit - see photo below

rear insert

Bespoke front Badge made by a T6 forum member

edit:
full leather retrim

edit: link for the internal trim is no longer the item.
see photo of a similar item.

9D6BD461-6ECD-4AEF-A065-FD8DAD434394.jpeg

Last edited:
Hi , did you get your van wrapped ?

mods include
external:
B pillar black out
Front badge
Rear badge
Chrome Grille streamers

internal:
VW logo cushions

View attachment 107634

View attachment 107635

View attachment 107636

View attachment 107637

View attachment 107638
Where did you get your grille badge from?

Where did you get your grille badge from?
The Coloured insert was from Vanstyle
the badge unclips to reveal a black insert, simply swap the black insert for the coloured one and clip the badge back on (Vids on Utube how to remove the badge)

Badges are available in Black gloss and Matt, but you could spray it to change coloured if desired

Back