Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Admiral insurance

Admiral refused to quote me for a T6 Ocean today because the value is too high. Has anyone else come across that?

Thanks for the heads up on the bike rack. I have just insured with admiral, they confirmed all standard fittings are covered and that contents are covered up to £500.
1. What do they mean by standard fittings? Factory fitted or Dealer fitted.
2. £500 contents cover wouldn't cover half of what I have in my California when you add the Topper, Storm Awning, Popaloo and tent, Upper and lower mattress covers, Bedding and Cooking utensils etc: and when you add the WiFi system and iPad and various other bits and bobs.

I went with Admiral in May as an existing customer and took multi car policy as cheapest. Worse decision of my life!

We have had the worst 2 weeks of fighting with Admiral after the theft of our Cali in October (I'm the Burton theft).

Admiral will pay market value for the van and standard factory accessories. If you add anything like dealer fitted items like we did (bike rack for example), then get separate cover as a modification. Admiral wont cover these. I fought hard and they eventually upped market value as I had said at time they were there but Admiral had not disclosed them in the Policy

Admiral only cover £500 for anything else so empty your van. Luckily my home insurance covered a lot of household contents as theft from garden but not the specific campervan related items like Cali topper / gas bottle as home insurance say this is car related.

If you have VW GAP insurance they will then shaft you as the market value payout for the van including accessories from the insurer is then taken againt the net invoice price excluding dealer fitted accessories, so you then loose all value on these items. Recommend you find an alternative GAP insurer than VW
I'm really sorry to hear you had such a tough time with Admiral. They have just quoted me £100 less than Comfort who are in turn £100 less than anybody else. So I am seriously considering them. I have multi-car policy for my other cars. Did you have any problems getting them to accept the general liability for the vehicle or was it the accessories that you had problems with. I acknowledge that £500 is very low for contents but I also have £1,500 cover on my household policy. Not sure whether that means I have £2,000 or the two insurance companies share the £1,500!!

Do you mind if I ask what the rough value of your total contents claim (Inc household) ? Do you think £2,000 total is enough? Comfort offer £5,000 contents but I remain cautious about their 36 hour rule.

PS. For those who have expressed concern Admiral are adamant that they will fully cover all factory fitted options / accessories. Much less clear about dealer fit options.

Just beware, you get what you pay for and if it sounds too good to be true then beware.
After spending many thousands on a vehicle I just cannot get my head round this fascination for saving 10's or 100's of pounds on the Insurance. Surely you want Insurance to cover the whole vehicle and contents for your use/lifestyle rather than compromise to fit the Insurance companies terms. Each to his own. :thumb

I do not think you can claim the same event twice. So will either be £1500 if you opt for house insurance or £500 for admiral.
I opted for safeguard, peace of mind and a very good level of cover. I'm my opinion Admiral are pretty poor but did consider them simply due to cheapness.

In terms of the gap insurance comments above, its a very valuable product just incase, its a big just incase but commission or payout doesn't matter as long as the gap covers invoice price to insurers offer. The issue comes in, again with cheap policies which offer glasses guide or similar prices. Simply means if you pay 10 glasses is 7 and insurance say 5. There is a 2 shortfall as insurers are undervaluing vehicles (there's a surprise)

i've got new policy which happens to also be with Admiral. I checked the small print and it specifically states on my policy that it is a camper van therefore covered as one.

Do the Admiral policies include EU cover and breakdown? My car is insured with them and I ended up paying a fortune for 2 weeks breakdown cover in France last year.

I'm leaning towards Comfort

My point of view is that a couple of hundred pounds is a lot of money to spend if there is little reason to do so. Hence my question, I am trying to understand what additional benefit I will get for the higher premium.

Thanks
So is losing up to 50K

Trying to source insurance and have received a quote from Admiral for £237:confused:. Comfort (rude) at £365 :stopand the CCC club renewal at £395 (+£73 from last year):(.

Rather renew with CCC than Comfort just on the principle that an attempted theft on the Wife X5 (BMW's security issue) from 2013 requires the policy to be referred. I currently insure two other vehicles with Aviva without issue.

Admiral told me they don't insure the SE/Ocean, more specifically anything with running water..

I'm with Admiral, and they do. But it needs to go to their underwriters.

Yeah. Was a bit of a ballache, but the price was ok.

I am with Admiral multicar as well, they charged an extra £1 when I told them the Beach was lowered !