Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Admiral v VW insurance

H

hillyhalf

Hi All,

Recently joined and this is my first post - after advice or experience!

We bought a 1 year old California Beach last week (3 seater bench seat in back, no kitchen fittings) and were quoted £195 for my wife and I as name drivers, fully comp etc. VW insurance was £350 even after they heard the Admiral quote and discounted the original quote my 30%.

However, VW say that in the event of an accident they will use a VW garage and VW parts with an associated warranty whereas Admiral say that to achieve this we would need to get three quotes and pay the difference over their repair bill quote.

Bit of a fuss and faff that to my mind but what would you do? Given that there is still 2 years manufacturers warranty should we be careful to follow a VW path?

Thanks

Anthony

I would stick with VW £350 is still pretty good and you will have less Hassle and pease of mind :thumb

I would go for the admiral insurance.
Money in your pocket and you may never have an incident anyway. I haven't claimed on my insurance in 10 years, it feels like flushing money down the toilet to be honest.

I had some bodywork damage the other month. £300 cash to get fixed or £350 excess through the insurance. Paid up out of my own pocket and didn't use my insurance. At the end of the day I would only pay for it further down the line with lost no claims, so on & etc

Just renewed my insurance through admiral yesterday. £195 fully comp. Yes thankyou very much...!!!
:thumb

Just had a renewal quote from Caravan & Camping Club for myself and wife and unlimited mileage of £473. Last year it was £403 plus £86 for the unlimited mileage which was added part way through the year. CC&C also specify that I have a Custodian tracker fitted which is £119 this year.
So as Admiral are so much lower my question is, do they know it is a Camper Van with a value in excess of £50,000? :help Obviously VW will,

Insurance companies aren't stupid.
They have calculated the risks for themselves and know exactly whats coming if the worst was to happen.

All insurers will only pay out market value. Don't get mixed up with what you paid for the vehicle. You will only ever be entitled to market value at time of loss. Unless you have an agreed value with them which usually means its time to bend over :help

Yes there're not stupid but they are crafty in being frugal with declaring the facts up front and then when you need them they come up with a thousand reasons why you aren't insured for what you thought you were. That's why we need to know: are Admiral insuring just an expensive Van or are they covering all the kit a California contains. I.e. Cupboards, sink, pop up roof, safe, sliding seat/bed, etc, etc? :headbang

I am with VW for under £300 they were very competitive, the NFU insurance quote was also very good, I am with Admiral on a Multi car policy for the car with 4 other cars, they would not insure a new Cali when I mentioned the value. Just check what they will insure you for. I would stick with VW as they insure all the inside kit as well, others appear to question contents.

Admiral are shockig when it comes to claims. I had to chase them up on phone every other day & aranfe for my vehicle to be repaired. Wont use them again.
Be careful who you insure with as lots will cover van but not kitchen camping equipment.

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk

Back