Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Adria Action Caravan

homerorchid

homerorchid

VIP Member
Hello, we are considering purchasing an Adria Action Caravan. "Specifically" has anyone towed an Adria Action with a California. If so it would be great to know what your opinion is. We have a 2019 Ocean, 4Motion, DSG, 199 engine, thank you

What is the MIRO and is it a standard ALKO Chassis? In which case it should be really no different to a lot of others. I've towed Adria's before with an assortment of tugs and found them to be very well mannered.

Hi Homerorchid.

Looking at the details for the Adria Action the mptlm is either 1100 or 1300 kgs , you will not have any problems towing with your California,
we have a 204 bhp ocean and tow a twin axle Caravan with a mptlm of 1650kgs.
It tows very well , ours is not the 4 motion but we have a motor mover fitted to the caravan.
We have towed with many vehicles over the years and can honestly say the California is one of the best especially with the DSG gearbox.
Hope this helps you decide with your purchase.

Regards
Alan

Thank you both for your helpful replys really appreciate it. We went to have a look at the Adria Action today, sadly we we're really disappointed with the quality. We like the Eriba 420 but not that keen on the poptop and it doesn't have a usable shower, Swift Base Camp is a bit utility for our liking. We've looked on-line at the Adria Altea Aire 492DT which looks interesting but may be a bit like any other white box caravan. Think we need to do some more research. There are 2 of us + our like dog "Winnie"

I have currently a knaus sport and fun.

Quite different.

Thank you both for your helpful replys really appreciate it. We went to have a look at the Adria Action today, sadly we we're really disappointed with the quality. We like the Eriba 420 but not that keen on the poptop and it doesn't have a usable shower, Swift Base Camp is a bit utility for our liking. We've looked on-line at the Adria Altea Aire 492DT which looks interesting but may be a bit like any other white box caravan. Think we need to do some more research. There are 2 of us + our like dog "Winnie"

I have currently a knaus sport and fun. I changed from an Eriba 420.

Quite different.

Interesting, would you mind if I asked why you changed from an Eriba to the Knaus and what's your impression of it?

Just having another look at the Swift Basecamp, slightly warming to it, any thoughts?

Just having another look at the Swift Basecamp, slightly warming to it, any thoughts?

Had a lot of problems with water from the boiler leaking, a few other problems, without the awning it is rather cramped.

Interesting, would you mind if I asked why you changed from an Eriba to the Knaus and what's your impression of it?

Firstly two bikes. The sport and fun has a wide rear door designed to allow bikes to be carried, or even motorbikes. We were carrying bikes on an A-frame rack with the Eriba and it was difficult, clumsy and heavy stuff loading them.

Secondly the extra width, 1/3 metre, gives a lot more space.

The fixed bed with an enormous storage space underneath, absolutely huge. It's different, designed to carry large items, ladder on the back going to a roof storage area that can carry 75kg large loads.

The shower is bigger but becomes bigger still with the clever pull out shower tray that converts the centre aisle into an extension of the sower room.

Thank you very much Granny Jen for taking the time to provide such a detailed answer. I think we need to carry on with our research, which I love doing so not a chore

Back