Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

A goodbye VW and hello...Adria

Alfiesbuddy

Alfiesbuddy

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
So after a year and a half of van life with a T6 California Ocean; that introduces us to this way of life, it’s time to move on.

Our VW taught us, that we love this lifestyle and that for us personally, we need a different type or size van. We waited for the Grande but came away disappointed with the fur out and the price. The bathroom was a reall let down in terms of quality and durability.

For less money we’re able to buy the Adria Twin. I’m not bothered about the badge but quality is vital and wear and tear.

I’m so grateful for all that this wonderful site has given me, and maybe one day I’ll down size again ! Who knows

Seems many move on to something else rather qiuck lately ....
Nothing wrong with that it's theire choice(and money) but personal i do think some buy a (small)campervan not realising how it is to camp in....
Also many want/waiting for a Grand California ar now changing track.
And the fact the roof corrosion issues did not do good.

Nothing personal @Alfiesbuddy ....wishing you the best , you sure enjoy the new camper as much i still enjoy our Cali.....;)

Bon voyage .... The Adria has a fine reputation. Happy camping !

Looks a nice van.
As the California price continues to rise I wonder at what point it becomes to expensive.
I saw one last week advertised at £85k...o_O

That’s a lot of camping for £50ish k

Thanks and yes many people but what they think will be their perfect match but like many things it’s trial and error I guess. There so much to love about the Cali and we had to weigh up lots of pros but 1 or 2 cons did it for me.

Good luck for the future, keep us updated on how you get on

I’ve just gone full circle, T5 cali se, to a 17plate Adria Twin 540 SPT and now back to a 5.1 Beach.

The Adria is a great machine and I loved the shower / WC fixed(ish) bed, however at 6”2 I found the bed a bit cramped. Also the fit and finish was just too plush for my hobbies.

Best of luck - I doubt you will be disappointed.

I’ve just gone full circle, T5 cali se, to a 17plate Adria Twin 540 SPT and now back to a 5.1 Beach.

The Adria is a great machine and I loved the shower / WC fixed(ish) bed, however at 6”2 I found the bed a bit cramped. Also the fit and finish was just too plush for my hobbies.

Best of luck - I doubt you will be disappointed.

That’s interesting.
You went for the Beach this time to

Must admit that we sometimes talk about the fact that "in time..." we not see ourselves climbing upstaires anymore and wanting more space when doing maybe longer vactions spending winter in the south...
But , every time i get in one of those campervans like Adria found them rather ugly and cold on the inside , more or less like a selfbuild campervan.
There's no campervan as cosy and nicely build like the Cali so that you forget you are in a van-based verhicle.

That’s interesting.
You went for the Beach this time to
Yeah, I prefer sleeping downstairs but found the 1.14m width bed a little claustrophobic when away with SHMBO.
The beach seems to better suit our needs now - especially since getting the sliding tray, parking heater and little aux table.

Yeah, I prefer sleeping downstairs but found the 1.14m width bed a little claustrophobic when away with SHMBO.
The beach seems to better suit our needs now - especially since getting the sliding tray, parking heater and little aux table.

I went from Beach to Ocean.
Really miss the full size bed downstairs.
Really, really miss it...

So after a year and a half of van life with a T6 California Ocean; that introduces us to this way of life, it’s time to move on.

Our VW taught us, that we love this lifestyle and that for us personally, we need a different type or size van. We waited for the Grande but came away disappointed with the fur out and the price. The bathroom was a reall let down in terms of quality and durability.

For less money we’re able to buy the Adria Twin. I’m not bothered about the badge but quality is vital and wear and tear.

I’m so grateful for all that this wonderful site has given me, and maybe one day I’ll down size again ! Who knows

Hello
What spec do you have and did you buy new and what did you pay? I am thinking of doing the same. I just feel need that extra bit of room without getting a monster van. Did you trade in your Cali or sell it privately?

Thank you

Hi I went with the Adria twin plus, only because it meant I didn’t have to wait until sept/ Oct

I was 3 k cheaper than my 1st chouce supreme but hey

My 2017 cali was traded in And figures will be personal to me given my original down payment on my cali, what I can say is I literally swapped my cali and didn’t need a deposit fir the Adria... I was chuffed the cali As per usual held its price to enable a straight swap !

Adria plus is around the 53 k mark and I get a shower and that ever wonderful loo so it’s great value for money in my view but I’m well aware I’ll have it a much longer time than my cali ! It’ll depreciate faster but I’m ok with that

Hi I went with the Adria twin plus, only because it meant I didn’t have to wait until sept/ Oct

I was 3 k cheaper than my 1st chouce supreme but hey

My 2017 cali was traded in And figures will be personal to me given my original down payment on my cali, what I can say is I literally swapped my cali and didn’t need a deposit fir the Adria... I was chuffed the cali As per usual held its price to enable a straight swap !

Adria plus is around the 53 k mark and I get a shower and that ever wonderful loo so it’s great value for money in my view but I’m well aware I’ll have it a much longer time than my cali ! It’ll depreciate faster but I’m ok with that

Many thanks for that. I have always liked the shape and they are only a little bit longer than the Cali.

Best regards

We could have written your post as it describes exactly what we did. After a visit to the NEC in October 2017 we were so taken in by the Benimar Tessoro 481 that we placed a deposit. Fortunately this rather hasty decision has been a good one as we love the electrically lowering bed, loo, shower, fridge/freezer, oven etc etc and it all suits us very well. We sold our beautiful VW Cali on this site and got virtually what we paid for it and so swapped one cool campervan for a less cool looking moho but one definitely more suited to our needs. Enjoy!

Back