Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Advice for picking up our Beach on 27th April 2016...

E

EdFOTB

Guest User
Hello everyone, thanks for reading my post.

My family and I are picking up our used T5 (2014, Black, 140bhp) Beach, next Saturday. I am wondering if any of you veterans or new Beach owners have any advice for us before picking it up, things to check at the dealership and most excitingly, useful things to buy for camping trips etc. I am selling our T25 and my car to use the Beach as my only vehicle, in short because its the only vehicle I want to be in.

We embark on our first trip at the end of March. We are driving to Hamburg in Germany and may, time alowing, try and fit in a visit to Legoland in Denmark.

We cant wait to pick it up and go on more adventures.

I look forward to reading any advice you can share.

I hope you are having a good weekend.

Kind regards

Ed

Hi - there are quite a few threads on buying kit / 'must have' accessories / regrets where the kit was not needed or used etc. im still feeling my way through, and have been guided by my own thoughts, and also the comments and ideas on the forum. its an adventure in itself deciding on what you need and how it might fit.

enjoy

Yes good point, I am reading all of it. I am really happy with the way the van is spec'd, it has all the things people have suggested they wanted/need. I think good storage boxes are a must and the "really useful" ones at Wicks look good for now. We are off to the Campervan/Motorhome show at the NEC next week, so no doubt there will be lots of inspiration there. Thanks for your help Tim.

There is a handover checklist in the downloadsection , do not know specific on SE and Beach but worth reading....

Thanks for the advice, I will print the stuff off for Saturday.

Not entirely off topic...but make sure you do go to Legoland in Billund! We lived near Hamburg for several years and the best time to go is when it is just opening after the winter break. And don't over-pack as you'll want to stock up on a few crates of German beer as you drive home!!!

Excellent advice, thank you. I think we are going to make the effort, it's only a few hours from
Hamburg and we may never be there again. Thanks for reassuring me it's a good idea.

I though I should follow up on this thread. We have now picked up the Beach and are thrilled to officially be part of the California Club. Wow how different it is to the T25, mostly in good ways but I do still love the older van. There are one or two minor things that need sorting and thankfully the dealer is doing that for us next week. Here's to many happy years in the only vehicle I've ever wanted to own. We can't wait to see you all out on the road.

Excellent advice, thank you. I think we are going to make the effort, it's only a few hours from
Hamburg and we may never be there again. Thanks for reassuring me it's a good idea.

We stayed on Romo and Sylt for a week which are both stunning with drive-on beaches. From there the trip to Legoland is easy. Fingers crossed for the weather!!!

Amazing, I will look it up now. Thanks and yes hope for good weather but either way it will be good. :)

My family and I are picking up our used T5 (2014, Black, 140bhp) Beach, next Saturday. I am wondering if any of you veterans or new Beach owners have any advice for us before picking it up, things to check at the dealership and most excitingly, useful things to buy for camping trips etc. I am selling our T25 and my car to use the Beach as my only vehicle, in short because its the only vehicle I want to be in.

We embark on our first trip at the end of March. We are driving to Hamburg in Germany and may, time alowing, try and fit in a visit to Legoland in Denmark.

Kind regards

Ed
Make sure you take your table out of the door and check to see it it has the clips attached so that it fits into the sliding rail. I didnt do this unitl I got home and found that I had the wrong table presumably from an SE/Ocean. The dealer did try to tell me that this was normal:headbang and thats one thats sponsors this forum! I did eventually get it resolved but it took a couple of months.

Kind regards

Ed
Just realised that you are picking up a used Beach.

1. Pop the roof up and check that the canvas doesnt have any tears in it especially small nicks in line with the clips that are used to hold the roof down, check this on either side.

2. Parking Heater if it has one get the dealer to show you how this works

3. Window Blinds, for front screen and Flexible light that plugs in up in the pop up roof

4. Just like buying any used vehicle check everything electrical works

Hope that helps
Ian