Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Tips & advice when picking up a new California Beach

Vitruvian

Vitruvian

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 Beach 4Motion
Hi All,

Picking up a new California Beach tomorrow and just wondering if anyone has any good advice so nothing is missed. I had a quick look at the handover checklist in the downloads, but would welcome any other thoughts.

Thanks

Is it brand new or new to you?

Check you have the wheel nut key

Take some lip moisturiser with you because you will be grinning that much they might split.
We still grin a lot after 8 months☺

On a more serious note make sure all the bits and bobs are there and make sure to get as good an explanation from the handover as you can. They are a complicated vehicle and it's hard to take it all in.
Above all enjoy it!!

It's a brand new

Hi All,

Picking up a new California Beach tomorrow and just wondering if anyone has any good advice so nothing is missed. I had a quick look at the handover checklist in the downloads, but would welcome any other thoughts.

Thanks
There's a checklist in the "Downloads" section .... add Nav DVD if applicable (we're still waiting for ours). Delete "Warning Triangle" they don't seem to come with them.

I was about to say the triangle is under the sink then realised its a beach - is it not either with the jack or the first aid kit?

Mine came with a warning triangle, motacyclist... it is in with the first aid kit at the back of the cupboard under the sink and hob.

Maud

Must have replied at the same time, Andy!

Well ... I haven't actually looked inside the first aid kit, is it in there? Or behind it? I would go and look but it's absolutely freezing ...

If I remember correctly its actually inside the red bag that contains the first aid kit

There's a checklist in the "Downloads" section .... add Nav DVD if applicable (we're still waiting for ours). Delete "Warning Triangle" they don't seem to come with them.
The handover checklist features "gas fittings in gas compartment". Is this the "regulator". (I am wondering whether I have to buy this along with my 907.)

The regulator should be there, you only need to provide the gas bottle.

Back