Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Advice gratefully received please

Loving all this. Again, thanks to everyone who has spared their time to reply. As I said at the beginning, it will be a while yet before we buy & after we have done our 12 day Scottish trip in the hired T6 dsg Ocean. The biggest challenge then will be to persuade Mrs MOJO to take the plunge! I'm already totally convinced it's the way to go for us. I think as BeagleMum wisely said ..... "it's a heart thing"
Mrs Mojo will be putty in your hands after hiring the T6, strike while the iron is hot and her heart is pliable!

Loving all this. Again, thanks to everyone who has spared their time to reply. As I said at the beginning, it will be a while yet before we buy & after we have done our 12 day Scottish trip in the hired T6 dsg Ocean. The biggest challenge then will be to persuade Mrs MOJO to take the plunge! I'm already totally convinced it's the way to go for us. I think as BeagleMum wisely said ..... "it's a heart thing"
Yes it is but it should also be a head thing. The only car I ever bought with my heart alone turned out to be a wrongun and that was a brand new Golf!

Hi Mojo and welcome.

I have had both a conversion and a Cali.

I had a van conversion on a low mileage 3 month old T6 LWB Highline which I commissioned to be built and loved but the fit and finish of a Cali far out weighs any conversion in my opinion.

As has already been said the Cali will hold its value far better than a van conversion unless you Keep changing vans, I sold my conversion 3 years ago after owning it for a year and got my money back but the Cali has only ever been a camper not for instance a converted builders van so should have had an easier life. We find our Cali much brighter to be in and just pleasant.

We chose an Ocean as normally there are only the 2 of us and I like the storage and kitchen facilities of the Ocean compared to the Beach although I do prefer to cook outside but its good to have the option especially in poor weather, I also like minimum set up which we get from the Ocean.

I have attached a couple of pictures of my van conversion which cost in total just over the top of your budget 3 years ago.

Best of luck.

thumbnail_20170508_123459.jpgDSCN5397.JPGthumbnail_20170508_123314.jpg

I was wondering if you'd looked at Motorpoint who have a VW California Beach 19 plate for 36,679 which I know is more than your budget but seems a really good buy!