Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Blue Dot Festival in a Beach

zinglefiffy

zinglefiffy

Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
hello,

has anyone used a Beach to stay on the campervan field at the Blue Dot festival? really want to make this our first festival with the kids in the van, but the 'live-in vehicles' section of the website has this line:

We only allow converted vehicles in the fields if they have living accommodation with fitted sleeping facilities and either fitted cooking or washing facilities.

...which appears, strictly speaking, to rule out the Beach if there isn't a Slidepod or other attached cooking pod.

Just wondering if we''re going to get stuck at the entrance having an argument with a guy in a high-vis about if its a campervan or not??

I've tried contacting them, but they don't seem keen on answering emails:headbang

hello,

has anyone used a Beach to stay on the campervan field at the Blue Dot festival? really want to make this our first festival with the kids in the van, but the 'live-in vehicles' section of the website has this line:

...which appears, strictly speaking, to rule out the Beach if there isn't a Slidepod or other attached cooking pod.

Just wondering if we''re going to get stuck at the entrance having an argument with a guy in a high-vis about if its a campervan or not??

I've tried contacting them, but they don't seem keen on answering emails:headbang
Looking at that statement you fulfil the first requirement and you just need to fulfil one of the others, not both.
I doubt if they will check too closely but they could I suppose.

I believe that statement is to discourage work vans with a mattres chucked in the back.

Looking at the Blue dot website booking facility I would say they are prohibiting sleeping in cars and vans not specifically noted as “live in vehicles” .

The Beach is a factory camper vehicle, Designed to be used as such, I would have thought that that the fact it has capacity to sleep four people in dedicated beds specifically for camping, would satisfy the “live in Vehicle requirement”
Hopefully some one will have been and can advise from previous experience, they can’t check every vehicle fully as it enters, if it looks proper like a beach I see no reason to prevent entry, whereas if you turn up in your estate car or panel van with no pop top, I think you may have an issue gaining entry.
IMO it will be a requirement of their insurance and probably the license for the event to only allow camping specif vehicles / caravans into the camping area.

The Beach is not a conversion. You need not read further as the other conditions do not apply to a purpose built campervan.

thanks all for the reassuring comments.
They eventually replied to my email query, by quoting exactly the same line back to me that I had quoted them :headbang
@Soton Campers , my wife thought your post was brill and has decided, if challenged, to use it while quaffing wine from the chiller at any high-vis who dares ruin her holiday
I'm sure that'll work:thumb

thanks all for the reassuring comments.
They eventually replied to my email query, by quoting exactly the same line back to me that I had quoted them :headbang
@Soton Campers , my wife thought your post was brill and has decided, if challenged, to use it while quaffing wine from the chiller at any high-vis who dares ruin her holiday
I'm sure that'll work:thumb
Hi There.

Only just noticed this message. I've been to Bluedot a number of times. Sadly, with everything happening, I know Bluedot has already been postponed until next year. But I can assure you, you would have been ok. The aim is to discourage people from sleeping in the back of transits and such. It's pretty much standard across all the festivals these days.

Hope that helps, and lets keep our fingers crossed all will be ok next year as, my god, we'll be missing the festival circuit this year.

Best wishes x

Thanks @LowMan, that helps a lot. We took the refund option when it was eventually cancelled but we'll be jostling to be front of the queue when everything is tickety boo again :)

Back