Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Advice on where to get a Cupholder replacement T5 California 2007

C

Charlie1

Vehicle
N/A
Missed by a few days VW discontinuing their cupholder replacement part "Cupholder replacement w7E5 858 192 3Z 7 N/STK ASHTRAY", any ideas where to source one?
OR any suggestions on how to fix the catch not locking in place so it stows away (currently its permanently out). Thanks in advance for any suggestions or help.

Cup Holder close up.png

EBAY is the best place for these

Missed by a few days VW discontinuing their cupholder replacement part "Cupholder replacement w7E5 858 192 3Z 7 N/STK ASHTRAY", any ideas where to source one?
OR any suggestions on how to fix the catch not locking in place so it stows away (currently its permanently out). Thanks in advance for any suggestions or help.

View attachment 48325

Plenty here.

Thanks for the reply. Those on ebay don't have the same part number so should I be concerned if they will fit?

Thanks for the reply. Those on ebay don't have the same part number so should I be concerned if they will fit?
I presumed you had a T5 California as that is the section you posted in. You have no Vehicle Details and gave none so I went with my crystal ball.

The best I can come up with is this. There have been a number of Part Nos changes.

Screenshot 2019-08-04 at 01.08.59.jpg

Last edited:

View attachment 48325
So what you are saying, is that I would not find a new one for my van that is not 10 years old?
The original part number is maybe out of support, but there must be a replacement part.
Normally they stop supporting parts when the car is 20 years or older. And they have only stopped making these dashboards in 2015, so the earliest of not finding this part would be in 2035.

Thanks for the replies, I'll go back to the VW parts guy and show him the drawing (thanks WelshGas) as even that part number is different but looks from the drawing as the right one.
Still hoping I can get this sorted, and that this info helps:
The vehicle details are in the title of this cry for help, its a T5 California 2007 left hand drive.
I'm going by what VW are saying that its been discontinued and they can not get any more via their parts channels. The parts guy suggested that its possibly because there are none in the UK or EU stores and they stopped making them this year. The original part number was 7H58581923Z7 and newer replacement part number is 7E58581923Z7, both according to VW have been discontinued.

VW confirmed again there are no replacement parts for us, and in response to WelshGas's suggestion they said "I can only go by my Volkswagen parts system and that suggest no." :headbang

I looked up for my California: I have the 7H5 858 192 21X (classic grey). This changed into 7E5 858 192 21X in 2012, but is still available.
So if you would not bother another color of the cupholder, or are able to change the front panel from your own vehicle on the new part, you can still order a working part. And I think it is the same as the dashboard didn't change in design from the T5 to the T5.1.

Don't shoot me if it wouldn't fit, but I doubt it wouldn't.

Thanks all for your help, didn't end up changing it, didnt think it was worth the risk, especially as VW wouldn't accept the part returned if it didnt fit.

Back