• Thread starter OllieCollieCali
  • Start date
OllieCollieCali

OllieCollieCali

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 130
Hi All,
The bellows on my 2006 T5 is getting a bit tired, and a few small holed have appeared where it has accidentally been caught in the mechanism over the years. So I am looking to replace the bellows. currently they have 2 side windows that are horizontal, not slanted.
I have seen this tutorial by "Time to Ride" which looks perfect, and confident that I will be able to do the job myself. It would be great to upgrade to the fully opening Panoramic front window as well if I can.

They have been very helpful and put the part number of the replacement bellows -
Electro-hydraulic roof:
Dark gray: 7E7 875 059 K IU7

also seen this post where it has been done but in blue - https://vwcaliforniaclub.com/threads/replacement-bellows-2006-t5.36897/post-650204

Before I Commit, I thought id check that this is still the best part number for a dark grey coloured bellow for electric roof to fit my 2006 T5 cali?
Any where is the best place to order from? Or just contact VW direct?

Thankyou very much in advance!

Graeme

My understanding is that the new leaking fabric replaces all older fabrics. I’m sure someone will be quick to correct me if I’m wrong. If this is the case, I would hold off until a permanent solution is announced by VW.

There's a remote chance you might find a scrapped Cali and pinch the canvas from that? Otherwise, you'll be waiting for VW to correct the new one, or buy the new one and "improve" it yourself.

Yes don’t order one at the moment until they have sorted the leaking issue on the latest canvas. Order it through the club shop or one of the dealers that gives a club discount.
There's a remote chance you might find a scrapped Cali and pinch the canvas from that? Otherwise, you'll be waiting for VW to correct the new one, or buy the new one and "improve" it yourself.
They are difficult to remove non destructively because the bottom seal is bonded in the channel in 5 places.

Excellent! Thankyou very much! I had read all about the latest leaking canvas, but wasnt sure if those bellows were just for the latest models or whether they would be the same and fit my model as well.

Ill definately hold out for the better non leaking fabric if / when it comes.
I hadnt realised the club shop wells them as well, so thats handy to know.

Thankyou very much!

Excellent! Thankyou very much! I had read all about the latest leaking canvas, but wasnt sure if those bellows were just for the latest models or whether they would be the same and fit my model as well.

Ill definately hold out for the better non leaking fabric if / when it comes.
I hadnt realised the club shop wells them as well, so thats handy to know.

Thankyou very much!
:thumb They don’t as such but they can order any VW part that you want.

Back