Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Ahoy and hello

A

Argee

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
Hi all, just joined up after finally taking the plunge and buying a 2017 Cali Ocean. I’m based in Edinburgh, and am delighted with my purchase after a long search. Now I need to work out how it actually works! My timing was impeccable given the Scottish Govt’s recent ban on travelling much beyond your own home!

Anyway, look forward to contributing where I can, and apologies for the likely tedious questions from me!

richie

Welcome!
I see your point about timing but that means you have plenty of time to get prepared for your planned adventures. In the meantime keep it small.
Do you have a driveway? You can spend your first (few?) nights away on it!
If it all goes wrong use it a learning experience and go back in doors ;)
No question is tedious (well almost) :thumb:thumb
A new life awaits.

Hi Richie and :welcome hopefully you can get out locally and have a cuppa after a walk or just whilst looking at the view.

Thanks for the welcome, everyone, and some good tips there. The new arrival is in the driveway and it’s very likely we’ll spend at least one night of the weekend camping out there! The delay in getting away also means I can get a few essentials (aside from wine and beer!) bought and fitted!

:welcomeDo share some photos

• Agree
Reactions: Sad
I think I had about an hour or so handover when I collected our van. There are lots of videos on YouTube.
Closing the roof is the only obvious thing you can get badly wrong.
The best tip I ever had was to take a small pop up tent everywhere. When we get to a campsite I chuck the kids car seats and a few other things in it. This makes the endless game of Tetris inside the van a lot easier.
I also have two of these in the boot as they fit perfectly and work as giant drawers.
A5C605D7-BC9B-4A09-860D-92D01620DD75.jpeg
Good luck!

Thanks Lambeth Cali. Had been wondering about organising the inside in general, and those tubs look a good shout for the boot. After a fevered weekend of spending I think I’ve got the basics in hand - seat covers, carpets, hook up cable etc. There’s actually so much choice out there that it’s a bit paralysing! Think I’ll probably do a couple of short trips without much else and see what would really help versus what would just take up valuable space!

a couple of shots attached, from the not particularly picturesque driveway!

F00CABAB-9EF5-463B-843B-5BAE528CDD9F.jpeg

A9ACFB0A-03B4-4A6C-B8AE-C127616D1D1F.jpeg

138ED021-752F-49B2-9F0E-76772A1DEDFA.jpeg

Welcome!
I do like the grey-blue-ish! Enjoy your new van!

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk