Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Air suspension

Anthony1

Anthony1

Too young to be old
VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 180 4Motion
Has anyone fitted air suspension, apart from LakeLander?

There is a full, controllable version with a compressor or the type you pump up with a foot pump etc.

Is it worth it, how much does it cost?

There are many more who have it on here, including us, in several variants (re. standard ride height, with or without air tank, etc). We have found it to be worth every penny.

Use the search function, and you will find each and every aspect of it discussed amply on here.

There are many more who have it on here, including us, in several variants (re. standard ride height, with or without air tank, etc). We have found it to be worth every penny.

Use the search function, and you will find each and every aspect of it discussed amply on here.
I have VB full air suspension. As well as high normal and low ride it is infinitely variable on either or both axles. Also has automatic levelling for uneven sites. Cost around £5K.

I have VB full air suspension. As well as high normal and low ride it is infinitely variable on either or both axles. Also has automatic levelling for uneven sites. Cost around £5K.

Are you going to fit VB suspension on your 4 motion Im interested in what you thought of the VB suspension and was it worth paying for.

Are you going to fit VB suspension on your 4 motion Im interested in what you thought of the VB suspension and was it worth paying for.
I’m undecided about air suspension on the new one. It seems excellent on cornering and body stability so I’ll give it a couple of months; next adventure not planned until mid September.
VB air suspension on the previous one transformed the ride and handling plus the self levelling was a boon. To my mind it was well worth the outlay.

Interesting so you seem to indicate the 4 motion is better handling/ stable than the 150 2wd was on a like for like basis.
Was there anything you disliked about the VB suspension other than cost i guess.

Interesting so you seem to indicate the 4 motion is better handling/ stable than the 150 2wd was on a like for like basis.
Was there anything you disliked about the VB suspension other than cost i guess.
No. An extra for me was was the control unit. I’ve seen some on the dash but mine was on a flexi cable. It could be mounted in a screw on holder (provided), but I preferred it loose in the driver’s seat pocket.