Airbag error - where to buy longer loom

DOMINICGG1234

DOMINICGG1234

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 140
Hi all

Thanks for all the helpful tips so far.

I’ve had the airbag light reset three times so far. Seems to always happen after a camping trip when I’ve swivelled the chairs round.

I’ve trawled the forum and see that if you don’t have the key in then sometimes this will prevent the light coming on.

However I’m looking for a more permanent solution and I believe there is a loom with a longer wire which stops it from pulling when the chairs and turned.

Does anyone know where I can buy this from please?

Thanks in advance

Since you are in de the UK I would say try campervan Bits or the clubshop.
Live in Europe so I would not be able to help you out here.

Hi all

I’ve had the airbag light reset three times so far. Seems to always happen after a camping trip when I’ve swivelled the chairs round.

I’ve trawled the forum and see that if you don’t have the key in then sometimes this will prevent the light coming on.

However I’m looking for a more permanent solution and I believe there is a loom with a longer wire which stops it from pulling when the chairs and turned.

Thanks in advance
To be honest, you really don’t want to be messing about with Airbag wiring, some car companies will replace a whole wiring harness rather than repair airbag wiring. Due to the nature of the system, the monitoring system for the wiring is very sensitive as it measures the resistance not just connected or disconnected - (agreed only with the ign on) the key thing is to ensure the connection under the seat and the wiring is correctly secured. Certainly on my T6 there is a clip that holds the harness to the seat and takes the strain off the connector and this clip doesn’t always seem to be pushed home properly. Also make sure nothing stored under the seat has the ability to catch the harness when you spin the seat. It might be that your connector has a bit of wear and tear having been caught a few times. Anything you can do to stop the connector moving will help, ie try to clip the harness at both sides of the connector. Hope this makes sense - I do know it is a pain as it needs reset and doesn’t clear itself unlike other faults.

A

Hi all

Thanks in advance
If you cannot buy the extended wiring loom, purchase a Carista OBD connector from Amazon. Download the app and you can clear the airbag fault yourself.

Thanks both for the advice. I have a friend who can clear the fault. Just frustrating that it keeps coming up

Thanks both for the advice. I have a friend who can clear the fault. Just frustrating that it keeps coming up
A good auto electrician could probably make up an extension lead, either by extending individual wires or making an extension lead with the correct VW plug and socket.

D
Don’t forget that when the airbag light comes on the airbags do not function. For this reason I went down the Carista route as it always happened whilst away on the continent. Saved me a bomb in VW resets.

The wiring loom is clipped to the underside of the chair , it’s a push fit clip, undo the clip (remove it from the seat frame) and it should allow some more slack ?

Thanks. I didn’t know the airbag doesn’t function if the light is on.

Could someone please confirm this is the product I need from Amazon:

CARISTA OBD2 Bluetooth Adapter and App: Diagnostics, Customizations, Service Procedures and Live Data for your VW, Audi, SEAT, Skoda, Nissan, Infiniti, Toyota, Lexus, BMW, Mini https://amzn.eu/d/3dEa9gS

Back