Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Airbag warning sign

J

JohnLin

Vehicle
T5 SE 140
Hi whenever I turn the passenger seat around it causes the airbag warning light to come on this has happened 3 times. Help please.

What year is your SE? There was a fault on some SEs and Beaches where the cable was too short and caused this problem but I believe most should have been sorted under warranty. The plug could also be loose or the wire damaged. Either way it might need a new wire installing, relatively simple job for a auto electrician.

Hi whenever I turn the passenger seat around it causes the airbag warning light to come on this has happened 3 times. Help please.
As @MattBW said but also consider getting a Carista OBD dongle then you can reset the Airbag warning without having to pay the Dealer. Much cheaper.

As @MattBW said but also consider getting a Carista OBD dongle then you can reset the Airbag warning without having to pay the Dealer. Much cheaper.
I was having this issue and VW wanted all sorts of money to reset via computer and further tests (more money) to sort out. Went the way of Carista dongle and App. Brilliant. And as we also have a VW Polo and Audi A3 it is used on these as well when needed. I think I pay about £35 a year for App. Well worth it.

Back