Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Dreaded Air Bag Light

Scrabble

Scrabble

Lifetime VIP Member
My airbag light has come on and I'm pretty sure it's the front passenger side and is the the swivel seat issue. A couple of years back I took the passenger seat out and gave the airbag leads a wiggle and reset at a garage and this did the trick for a couple of years. I think I need a more permanent solution . Does anyone know of a garage in the south west that understands this issue. I need to get my cali mot'd very soon. Gloucestershire based. Cheers everyone for any advice in advance.

Hi
We had the same problem with our old California. Took it to VW Cardiff a few times. In the end they cut off the flimsy clip and used a different fitting which sorted it out. Apparently it can be a problem but they assured me it fine if out of warranty.

Hi
We had the same problem with our old California. Took it to VW Cardiff a few times. In the end they cut off the flimsy clip and used a different fitting which sorted it out. Apparently it can be a problem but they assured me it fine if out of warranty.
Did you get it fixed for free out if warranty?

My airbag light has come on and I'm pretty sure it's the front passenger side and is the the swivel seat issue. A couple of years back I took the passenger seat out and gave the airbag leads a wiggle and reset at a garage and this did the trick for a couple of years. I think I need a more permanent solution . Does anyone know of a garage in the south west that understands this issue. I need to get my cali mot'd very soon. Gloucestershire based. Cheers everyone for any advice in advance.
Pop round to me and I’ll sort it for you.

Back