Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Aircon

T

Timelord

Vehicle
T5 Beach
I’m having aircon woes on my 2013 Beach. With the aircon switched OFF I’m seeing the air temp rise by approximately 20 deg over ambient On full fan, but only when the engine is hot. With the air con on it cools but not very well. Is it possible there is a fault with the post heater with hot water being allowed through even though the temperature is set to minimum. Anybody else had similar problems?

Yes. I have 2015 SE with bog standard heating/ventilating controls. Ex demonstrator, no chance to specify.
Heating stuck on hot regardless of what I did with the temperature control dial. I found that if I stopped and switched off the engine with the dial to fully cold setting, when restarting the temperature control would be working again.
My ignorance here but I assumed that it was a sticking servo controller or however the system is controlled.
Working fine at the moment so never got around to asking the question.
When stopping I do make sure the controller is on a cold setting, I can always put on a coat or jumper.
Sorry, doesn;t help.

Interesting. If I turn the temperature up it certainly gets hotter, but cold is never cold. It was 51deg the other day on cold. Anybody know if the heater works by controlling the flow of water or by redirecting the air flow?

Back