Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Retrofit Rear Aircon..

hewittd

hewittd

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 Beach
So, after a hot few weeks in Sardinia I'm wondering about the possibility of retro fitting some type of airconditioning into the rear of our Beach. Has anyone done this?

At present we have the Climatic aircon which only has vents in the front, in general it works well enough and brings down the temperature of the car wel. I have no ambitions of installing the Climatronic system, what I'm interested in is having a couple of vents in the back of the car that channel air from the aircon.

What I've seen on other T5's is an AC control panel like mine, but with one additional switch...marked "rear". Which when pressed then channels air into the back vents. (picture below)

full

Any ideas...?

I am jnterested in this.. I have everything installed but no one want to connect this. Regarding CANBUS etc. All electrician rejected this job.... If anyone know how to do this I am willing to do 2000 km to resolve this

Vw-Transporter-T51-T5-Rear-Heater-Box-Matrix.jpg

volkswagen-california-be-3035143.jpg

I am jnterested in this.. I have everything installed but no one want to connect this. Regarding CANBUS etc. All electrician rejected this job.... If anyone know how to do this I am willing to do 2000 km to resolve this

View attachment 102723

View attachment 102724
I think you might have more luck on the T4/5 or even T6 Forum. Many members on there are into retrofitting various options.

Today I got reply from one electrician. He said that is no problem to resolve. I booked appointment in a month. So I hope for a best.

Back