Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Rear heater

G

gatvol

All. I have a Dec 2011 regular Cali. It has the basic factory fit aircon with the rear controls as well.

As I was exhausted I took the opportunity to ride in the back the other day, with 'er indoors driving. I thus used the rear heater controls for the first time. On the coldest setting, the air in the rear of the van was at ambient external temperature. The front air was being properly cooled by the aircon.

Does the rear heater unit get cooled air? Or does it just take in ambient external air please ? In the hot weather using it made the rear temperature worse!

Thanks

I think that the 'rear air' is not air conditioned - although it can be heated - which is not what you need at the moment!! Climactronic options, if specified at purchase, will give aircon in the back I think. So I think yours is working as intended in the spec for your van.

Lewis

If you don't have Climtronic - there's not much gained by having aircon on and the rear heater on. The rear heater is just a standard heater, as you said, blowing out air at the ambient temp.

James

I assume the climatronic doesn't actually have a second aircon system, rather just an ability to mix the cold air from the front aircon with ambient or heated air to get the desired temperature?

Climatic has seperate temp controls for front & rear.

Sent from my GT-N8010 using Tapatalk 2

Back