Alarm going off randomly!?

• Thread starter Painted Pilgrim
  • Start date
Painted Pilgrim

Painted Pilgrim

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 130
My alarm keeps going off randomly when parked up at home. 5 times the other night!! I'm sure my neighbours love me
I've tried the motion sensor switch on the b pillar and I've even tried locking it with the key not the fob which I though didnt activate the alarm but it still goes off.
It's just spent a week at the local auto electrics place and they cant find a fault, no stored codes apparently and it hasnt gone off typically.
Ive asked them to disconnect the alarm horn for now but not ideal as the lights will still go off.
Any help most welcome...

Check the condition of the engine battery. When charge is low seemingly random things begin to happen, including sounding of the alarm.

Check the condition of the engine battery. When charge is low seemingly random things begin to happen, including sounding of the alarm.
It's a brand new engine battery, that was the only code they found (low battery) but we assume an old code. Could it be an earth issue? I have noticed some flickering on the dash lights ocasionally

What is the voltage on the battery? Could be a parasitic drain somewhere or earthing issue you already mentioned. Does the alarm go off when the van is connected to EHU?

It's a brand new engine battery, that was the only code they found (low battery) but we assume an old code. Could it be an earth issue? I have noticed some flickering on the dash lights ocasionally
Have you checked the wiring under the bonnet. They have a coating that small animals e.g mice, squirrels, love to chew.

What is the voltage on the battery? Could be a parasitic drain somewhere or earthing issue you already mentioned. Does the alarm go off when the van is connected to EHU?
I will check this and come back to you